Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 5lug option? | Now for the rear too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took a look through the other thread - those adapters are for e36m3 hubs, which aren't compatible with non-m hubs, right? If so... the two products aren't even comparable.

Comment

The E36 M3 hubs and E36 non-M hubs are the same.
      -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Yep, my bad - I misread the part about the m3 brakes.

Comment

Hubs will fit, its the caliper that will not :)
          5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
          Leave feedback about my transactions!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
            FWIW, there is clearly a demand for just the spacer sleeves. You and Ron (Im assuming thats his name from the username) should just list a price for the adaptors only if you havent already.

Some people will buy yours, some people will buy the OPs. Everyone wins.

BTW, these sleeves have been available for years in Europe (at least a decade) by various companies using this exact same design. Its nothing new or unique.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Also, a reply on the Wilwood calipers sone of you asked.
              It would be posible to create brackets for them, but only if the shop would have the calipers physicaly.
              sigpic

Comment

Any particular reason you want to run wilwood superlites instead of dynapros? Theyre almost twice the price...
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  Any particular reason you want to run wilwood superlites instead of dynapros? Theyre almost twice the price...
                  If that question is to me then i have no idea, i just answered the question i was asked :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Lol cuz I don't know shit about aftermarket calipers, good to know about the massive price difference though.

Comment

I'll buy a set of calipers and send them over of I get a free set. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                        I'll buy a set of calipers and send them over of I get a free set. :)

Id do that too :D
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmm... so after crunching some numbers, it looks like if all you want is brake torque, go for the 330i calipers.... which is what I want. The piston surface area is somewhere around 4.3 sq.in. and wilwood's site doesn't list their calipers as much larger (enough to make a cost efficient decision. I guess the only thing they've got going for them is they don't float)

Just to double check, the e46 330i caliper brackets will bolt onto the supplied bracket adapters? If so, please PM me paypal instructions.

Comment

The only problem with the 330ci calipers will be considerably more brake fade and twisting compared to wilwood calipers that are designed for track use.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                              Hmm... so after crunching some numbers, it looks like if all you want is brake torque, go for the 330i calipers.... which is what I want. The piston surface area is somewhere around 4.3 sq.in. and wilwood's site doesn't list their calipers as much larger (enough to make a cost efficient decision. I guess the only thing they've got going for them is they don't float)

Just to double check, the e46 330i caliper brackets will bolt onto the supplied bracket adapters? If so, please PM me paypal instructions.
                              330 brakes do work, 100%.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                                The only problem with the 330ci calipers will be considerably more brake fade and twisting compared to wilwood calipers that are designed for track use.

Can't contest that, but my car is a drift/street/very-occasional-HPDE hybrid with manual, 100% stock brakes. All I really want is near-stock brake effort and stopping power, that's all.

Using the calculator at http://www.jakelatham.com/radical/in...culators.shtml I came up with the following (rough) figures:

Needed brake torque (based on 2700lbs, 50/50 weight distribution and a cg height of roughly 18"): 3262.5 lb/ft

All figures are with a 6:1 pedal ratio and 70lbs of brake pedal effort

E30 stock everything
                                F: 535.46, R: 329.81, Total: 865.27 (and yes, it feels like my brakes are way underpowered right now)

3/4" Master cylinder
                                F: 771, R: 474.9, Total: 1246

5/8" Master cylinder
                                F: 1110.3, R: 683.9, Total: 1794

E36 brakes, stock e30 master
                                F: 880.9, R: 414.42, Total: 1295

3/4" Master cylinder
                                F: 1268.5, R: 596.76, Total: 1865

5/8" Master cylinder
                                F: 1826.5, R: 859.34, Total: 2685.98

330i front brakes, E36 rear brakes, stock e30 master
                                F: 11434.7, R: 414.42, Total: 1558.13

3/4" Master cylinder
                                F: 1646.95, R: 596.76, Total: 2243

5/8" Master cylinder
                                F: 2371.6, R: 859.34, Total: 3230

They're significantly more powerful than the e30 brakes and were designed for a car that weighs roughly 600lbs or so more... hopefully they don't fade too bad under heavy use.

Comment

Working...
                                X