Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOMARO View Post
    I have found that some e90's share rhe same hub
    This may be true. While searching for the z4 hub, I cross referenced it on realoem.com and it showed e90 fitment.

Im working on a custom setup and have all the parts, hopefully. I will post pictures and info when I get it all assembled. I need to make a custom bracket. Here is what I have.

z4 hubs and dust shields
    e30 early control arms?
    e30 ebrake?
    E36m3 pads/rotors
    custom bracket (300mm.de "294-3" style)

Comment

Here mine....
      z3 hubs +5mm each side
      e46 330i brake calipers
      e46 rotors and pads
      ca tuned axles
      fag wheel bearings 75mm
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed1299 View Post
        This may be true. While searching for the z4 hub, I cross referenced it on realoem.com and it showed e90 fitment.

Im working on a custom setup and have all the parts, hopefully. I will post pictures and info when I get it all assembled. I need to make a custom bracket. Here is what I have.

z4 hubs and dust shields
        e30 early control arms?
        e30 ebrake?
        E36m3 pads/rotors
        custom bracket (300mm.de "294-3" style)
        early rear trailing arms wont work, you need a late model 75 mm wheel bearing. early model are 72 mm

realoem shows all trailing arms are the same but they are not. i went through two pairs rear trailings arms till i found the right ones 89-91 year
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a pair of 87 and a pair of 88 trailing arms. Ill get some measurements as soon as I start on the project.

Comment

Z4 rear hub

hello guys...

been a while not reply this thread.
            I gonna upgrade to 336x22 front and 330x20 rear soon,
            due to not enough stopping for my m42
            300mm made me nervous when hit brake pedal...
            17s wheels from e46 330i and 235/40 all corners

:D
            Last edited by ngampleh; 05-06-2015, 05:51 AM.
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post

Here mine....
              z3 hubs +5mm each side
              e46 330i brake calipers
              e46 rotors and pads
              ca tuned axles
              fag wheel bearings 75mm
              this is awesome information, so the e46 calipers fit without an adapter correct? im gathering these parts now

Comment

e46 calipers do not fit without adapters. the caliper bracket mounting bolt holes are about 10mm wider than the ones on an e30. also, with z3 hubs the adapter will have to be roughly 1" wide.

i too bought parts for an e46 330i rear brake conversion because i thought it was bolt on with spacers for the caliper brackets... i was wrong. i'll post pics of my adapter when i get the chance

Comment

sooooooo..... wanna make me an adapter????
                  if i use z4 hub, does it fit e30 wheel bearing, past post mentioned a
                  specific size wheel bearing, googled it, couldnt tell if thats what size the e30 one is

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                  e46 calipers do not fit without adapters. the caliper bracket mounting bolt holes are about 10mm wider than the ones on an e30. also, with z3 hubs the adapter will have to be roughly 1" wide.

i too bought parts for an e46 330i rear brake conversion because i thought it was bolt on with spacers for the caliper brackets... i was wrong. i'll post pics of my adapter when i get the chance

Comment

the adapters i have laying around are for z3 hubs, which have a different offset than z4 hubs. i can't say for certain what the z4 difference is, but based off of a previous post they'll make your track about 5mm wider than stock.

z3 hubs, on the other hand, i can attest from personal experience will make your track 48mm wider in the rear.

as far as hub fitment goes, it depends on what year your e30 is. the really early ones, i think from before when they started offering m20 cars, have smaller wheel bearings that won't work with any of the 5lug options without swapping trailing arms

any non-M 6cyl z3 hub will work, seems as long as it's a non-M the z4 hubs will work as well.

pelicanparts is a great source of information for stuff like this

Comment

I can make the adapters for z4 hubs, and have plan to group buy for this..

pls note, that z4 hubs will be 2.5mm wider on rear.. need to use 12mm hub centric to make it about same wide with front..
                      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                      Transaction Feedback

Comment

laying around? interested
                        48mm i thought was if you swap the whole trailing arm from a 6cyl z3?!
                        i have e46 arms in front with spacers so i want to go wider in the rear also

Comment

hubs, calipers, and rotors are pretty cheap on ebay, if only i could find an adapter....

Comment

unfortunately this is the best shot i have of the rear when i had the z3 hubs, but here it is:

z3 hubs + stock e30 control arms + e46 330i brakes + 1" 5x120 -> 5x114 adapters + 9.75" et20 wheels.

the front, which had the same amount of poke, took 4" of fender flare to cover the wheels (e46 arms, lithuanian hub adapters, e46 hubs, e46 330i brakes, 8.25 et20 wheels, 1" 5x120 -> 5x114 adapter)

only thing that sucks about the z3/330i combo is you have to ditch your cable handbrake, no way around that. considering you have e46 arms in the front of your car i'm assuming you're drifting it so you're probably gonna have a hydro ebrake anyway

Comment

i want that.

Comment

sell me some adapters?

Comment

Working...
                                X