Teaser, 33416760056

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
    Yes. the problem on rotor spacer is the cenetring, think aboud 5 mm spacer for rim, they can't be hubcentic, since the centering bulge is more than 5mm wide, same goes to rotor spacer plus the rotor centering is bigger than the actual hub to rim centering.

All e36 hubs have more offset than e30 and my idea was to keep e30 stock offset, so that the 300mm.de kit would bolt on. E36 and e30 m3 hubs can be modified to have less offset but that again involves machining and the parts are more expensive.

Ok, failing in logic here and really need pics. Either I simply don't understand what you're talking about, or you're making something troublesome sound easy. Especially after you said it weakens something.

Spacer for rotor and hubcentric ring are a lot easier to get. And it's 6mm to be exact. You're saying milling every possible part is easier than that.

e36 rear hub is smaller in offset. it doesn't extrand outward as much, that's why you'd need a spacer under the rotor to make up the 6 mm difference to e30 stock offset.

Comment

Some pictures and explantions.

The 6mm spacer, not radiused so it doesn't fit the hub correctly yet:

Hub and spacer pressed to bearing, the rusty part is trailing arm:

The reason why rotor spacer would be hard to fabricate, see the 2 different centering thicknesses, the one for the rotot is about as sama width as the spacer would be... can't explain any better, if you don't understand what I'm trying to say just try to draw such a spacer.

The weakening part mentioned applies to stubaxle(or what ever the end of the outer cv-joint is called) to hub contact, the splined contact area will be reduced compared to original, but not much. Like the splines don't "meet" on full lenght.
      Attached Files
      Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
      BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
      BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
      BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

ok, so the way I was picturing in my head was exactly what pictures show.

Why didn't you just shove the hub all the way in without a spacer to have full splines. Do you have pics of hubs themselves and some dimensions? I'd like to know length of spline contact and length of hub to bearing contact.

Also, I don't see hub itself machined. Does hub have provisions for that little axle lock ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post

Also, I don't see hub itself machined. Does hub have provisions for that little axle lock ring?
          It's not machined yet.

No place for locking ring, I'll use threadlocking glue or nylock.

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
          Why didn't you just shove the hub all the way in without a spacer to have full splines.
          Then I would have to use rotor spacer or do major re-desing for brakes. Rotor spacer requires more complex machinig for hub.

I found this to be the easiest way.
          Last edited by Rocla; 02-19-2009, 12:24 PM.
          Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
          BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
          BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
          BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

HM... want pics of machined result.

Comment

Working...
            X