Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop Genuine OEM BMW Parts, Accessories, M Performance, and BMW Lifestyle with deeply discounted wholesale pricing, BMW factory warranty, world class customer support, and fast shipping to your doorstep! Questions? Contact us at gethelp@getbmwparts.com.

OEM Catalog
    Item Number ------MSRP ------Core Price -----Price
    33412225510 -----$211.56 -----$0.00 --------$169.25

7-M3 DRIVE FLANGE

These guys (Tischer Bmw) are by far the cheapest on these parts and honestly all other parts I have found. I ordered mine through KO Performance with Erick when he worked there and paid $135 each for them. Either what I paid or Tischers price above are very good prices IMHO to keep from having to remember all the hybrid crap in doing a 5 lug with e36 parts...

Comment

that's still a lot, lol

$340 +shipping, before brakes and all is definitely more than just buying a pair of z3 trailing arms. That's the whole problem. If those hubs were available at $80 like z3 ones, I would be advertising that to be the cheapest setup ever.

This is still quite possibly the best setup, even if it costs a little more, it keeps stock e30 offset in the rear, and with use of e36 m3 front stuff, allows to run staggered wheels :D
      Last edited by Aptyp; 03-26-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

lulz OK? I can see your point but for me the e36 wheel offset just was not acceptable although I don't find the e30 m3 rear hubs to be outrageously priced either.

et40 =

et20 = :up:

IMHO the e30 m3 front parts are what rapes your wallet. Bare strut assemblies are in the $900 each range and still need bearings/steer knuckle (roughly another $500 each side) plus the usual brake parts. Glad I have a spare set of strut housings/F. brake carriers/calipers on hand for when the stock market crashes...

:woowoo:

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
          et40 =

et20 = :up:

Comment

good writeup guys! i have an 87 335is and just refinished a set of staggered style 5's and im really wanting to get them on as a winter project. ive been reading abit on this swap.

i know there's a fellow on here with an alpine white e30 that did an awesome 5 lug swap and staggered 5's.

all these rear hubs you guys are trying....do they compare with stock offset.

what offset do i need to run my 17 by 9 style 5's?

i have aptyp's rear writup, am i just better off getting ti trailing arms for my swap?

and for the front...if i use e36 control arms and strut housings, will my 87 h&r and billies work???

yes im still in progress of researching but maybe you guys could shed some light on my q's. id really appreciate it:D
            M stands for Money:hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_adam69 View Post
              good writeup guys! i have an 87 335is and just refinished a set of staggered style 5's and im really wanting to get them on as a winter project. ive been reading abit on this swap.

i know there's a fellow on here with an alpine white e30 that did an awesome 5 lug swap and staggered 5's.

i have aptyp's rear writup, am i just better off getting ti trailing arms for my swap?

and for the front...if i use e36 control arms and strut housings, will my 87 h&r and billies work???

yes im still in progress of researching but maybe you guys could shed some light on my q's. id really appreciate it:D
              The most important thing to remember is...

"if you are planning a 5 lug using e36 parts then you will be able to run only e36 offset wheels IE et40ish"

"if you are planning a 5 lug using e30 m3 parts then you will be able to run et20ish wheels and can then run e36 wheels with the proper spacers"

I do not see any way you will fit a style 5 17x9 et23 under the rear using e36 318ti parts, even more so if your car is lowered... Mtriple used e30 m3 5 lug parts and was barely able to fit that wheel under his car.

:up:
              Last edited by atomic; 03-23-2009, 07:21 AM.

Comment

You can only re-use your springs, not the bilstiens. (unless you do some custom chopping like shown in another thread.. somebody cut their E36 strut tubes and slid the E30 insert into it but that requires welding threaded rings onto the strut, etc..) to reuse the springs you will need struts from an E36 M3 or M-Z3. they have the same spring size. just re-use the upper mount because the bolt circle is different on E36 stuff.

rear hub offset is discussed earlier in this thread. Aptyps' swap will give your E30 an E36/E46 wheel offset which is different than E30 M3 offset

Comment

e30 m3 are the only ones that compare to stock offset.

e30 m3 and roll baby, roll your fenders.

only e36 m3. e30 strut inserts will not fit in e36 housings, because they are e36 housing is 1 inch shorter. Adding that much tube to e36 housing and using e30 insert, will mean driving on bump stops at all times and rendering struts absolutely useless, as they would have no travel at all.

Comment

I do not see any way you will fit a style 5 17x9 et23 under the rear using e36 318ti parts, even more so if your car is lowered... Mtriple used e30 m3 5 lug parts and was barely able to fit that wheel under his car.

:up:
                    thats the guy! i saw his writeup and threads and yes the wheels were very close...but he did state that if he had pre 88 wheel arches he wouldve been ok.

im running an h&r cupkit right now with ronals, removed rear seat, all trunk lining(not much difference) but pulled 50 lbs of tar out as well. the car has a nice rake to it now, ive got about a 7/8" gap between the top of the tire and the rear fender.

i dont know....this seems like an extensive swap but putting those style 5's next to it would make that zinno stand out, not to mention i need new brakes all around. i really dont want to spend money on stock brakes again:p

Comment

lol, yeah, that trunk tar and spare cement plate do take about 100lbs off, but I plan to add a hitch, to make up for missing weight.

Comment

thats the guy! i saw his writeup and threads and yes the wheels were very close...but he did state that if he had pre 88 wheel arches he wouldve been ok.

im running an h&r cupkit right now with ronals, removed rear seat, all trunk lining(not much difference) but pulled 50 lbs of tar out as well. the car has a nice rake to it now, ive got about a 7/8" gap between the top of the tire and the rear fender.

i dont know....this seems like an extensive swap but putting those style 5's next to it would make that zinno stand out, not to mention i need new brakes all around. i really dont want to spend money on stock brakes again:p

Like I said I just do not see you fitting that wheel with a rear e36 318ti 5 lug. Hate to rain on your parade...

Here is why I say that. This is my new wheel I am fitting and it is a 17x9 et23 as well. I have rolled the fender lips completely flat and I am running a complete e30 m3 5 lug suspension and will still have some rubbing issues...

Now add another 15-20mm on that outer edge if you are running a e36 318ti rear 5 lug. You will clearly see it will be directly under the fender lip or even poking out some and will likely rub (even more so if you are lowered)...

Last edited by atomic; 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

those wheels are so sexy... hope they'll fit perfectly with rubber on, not VW stretch and poke.

Comment

Like I said I just do not see you fitting that wheel with a rear e36 318ti 5 lug. Hate to rain on your parade...

Here is why I say that. This is my new wheel I am fitting and it is a 17x9 et23 as well. I have rolled the fender lips completely flat and I am running a complete e30 m3 5 lug suspension and will still have some rubbing issues...

Now add another 15-20mm on that outer edge if you are running a e36 318ti rear 5 lug. You will clearly see it will be directly under the fender lip or even poking out some and will likely rub (even more so if you are lowered)...

ohh no i understand what yuor saying, sorry mis communication.

i appreciate the info you guys have given. i am going to run e30 m3 hubs in the rear, if i cant find the calipers(which i probably wont, no big deal)
                            ill run the brakes specified. and then e36 m3 front struts with the proper billies and my cupkit springs.

one more Q....the e36 m3 strut housings and hub assembly....is the abs ring the same # teeth as the e30 325i rear cv axles???

thanks for the responses again. i know theirs more than enough info on this forum to do the swap so thanks again for the repetitive replies.

hey atomic, do you have any pics of your e30 with 5 lug wheels???

id love to see what youve done.

Comment

"What offset wheels should I run?
                              ET20 if you have a fender roller to roll and pull a little. If you want to install wheels and leave body alone, try any e36/e46 wheel offset wheels. They tend to be ET35+, CSL reps come in ET50 offset for a 8.5" wide wheel."

Hey Aptyp, did you write this before you actually installed your rims? I ask because you have a picture on here with those rims sticking out quite a bit and you said something to me about having to pick another rim cause one style didnt fit.
                              I will roll my fenders if the ET23 rims Im looking at will fit.. i know guys probably run into clearance issues with 17" eT23's but mine are style 4, 16x8" wheels from an E38 750il.. I think they will look killer on an E30 but I tried one out on the rear of an E46 today and it stuck out bigtime.
                              My car will have E36 Z3-ish offset since im using E36 frontend parts and Z3 rear hubs in E30 arms, so ideally i should stick with an Et-40 from what i have read, but damnit i want these style 4's!!

if i ned the fenders rolled.. is there anybody with one around cleveland ohio that would do this for me or rent out the tool?

Comment

ohh no i understand what yuor saying, sorry mis communication.

i appreciate the info you guys have given. i am going to run e30 m3 hubs in the rear, if i cant find the calipers(which i probably wont, no big deal)
                                ill run the brakes specified. and then e36 m3 front struts with the proper billies and my cupkit springs.

one more Q....the e36 m3 strut housings and hub assembly....is the abs ring the same # teeth as the e30 325i rear cv axles???

thanks for the responses again. i know theirs more than enough info on this forum to do the swap so thanks again for the repetitive replies.

hey atomic, do you have any pics of your e30 with 5 lug wheels???

id love to see what youve done.

If you are going to run e30 M3 rear hubs then all you need to find (easy and cheap) is a set of rear e32 735 calipers and a set of e36 318ti carriers (again easy to find and cheap) and modify the e36 318ti rear carriers using the picture I posted earlier in this thread. The e32 calipers will drop right in the e36 318ti carriers and bolt right up with no issues once the carriers have been modified.

Here is mine with the e39 style 42's with a et20 offset. You can see even with a complete e30 M3 suspension on my car that a et20 wheel is very close to the fender lips. Look at rear wheel, I can not even fit my small finger in between the tire and fender lip and it is sitting on H&R race springs and the lips have been rolled flat...

Also if you plan on running any e39 5 series wheels that you will have to run center bore reducers. E39's have a center bore of 74.1mm and all other 5 lug BMW's have a center bore of 72.56mm

:mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                                X