X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    5 lug swaps with proper geometry will probably cost you more than $2000, and the consumables will be more expensive too.

and let's be real, most E30s don't even need larger brakes. You'd be better served with some ducting and aggressive compounds, but that doesn't look cool either. :p
    With the S54 that I swapped in... I need a bit more surface area to slow the beast down now. I haven't done any track events yet but it feels a bit inadequate with the 280x22 massive bbk that I have up front.

The sleeve kits are intriguing to me though. You keep all of the existing main hardware... just open up to a 5lug wheel, brake calipers and pads. I do agree that an aftermarket caliper is going to be less expensive over the long run. The difference in pad cost is tremendous.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    5 lug swaps with proper geometry will probably cost you more than $2000, and the consumables will be more expensive too.

and let's be real, most E30s don't even need larger brakes. You'd be better served with some ducting and aggressive compounds, but that doesn't look cool either. :p

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    This thread is old but my opinion still hasn't changed. You can get bigger brakes for 4 lugs that are both better and lighter than anything from the factory. Stock 5 lug brakes are heavy and typically they aren't nearly as stiff as aftermarket. Unless you find some free E30 M3 suspension or something, or really really have to have a set of 5 lug wheels, I don't see the point.

It will likely cost more for the 5-lug bits than just buying a BBK and different wheels for a 4-lug suspension. Either that or you end up spending a bunch of time fussing around with random bits pieced together to make it work with stock E30 hubs.
    What else is out there thats decent besides Massive?

His 300x32 kit for the front and rear is a minimum of ~$1400 not including the cost of the calipers. The IE kits are not available in a blank rotor format and that would run around $2k plus.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    This thread is old but my opinion still hasn't changed. You can get bigger brakes for 4 lugs that are both better and lighter than anything from the factory. Stock 5 lug brakes are heavy and typically they aren't nearly as stiff as aftermarket. Unless you find some free E30 M3 suspension or something, or really really have to have a set of 5 lug wheels, I don't see the point.

It will likely cost more for the 5-lug bits than just buying a BBK and different wheels for a 4-lug suspension. Either that or you end up spending a bunch of time fussing around with random bits pieced together to make it work with stock E30 hubs.

Leave a comment:

• NORBY
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark89 View Post
    Can someone tell me what are reasons for converting to 5 lug? I’m an e30 newb.
    For me, it allowed me to fit some bigger brakes (e38 Brembo) as well as opened up the options for rims I can fit - however, I would say it's probably going to end up costing me around $2k AUD for the whole process (new hubs, discs, pads, callipers etc) it's a false economy if you think it will get you cheaper wheels which some people use as their rationale

Leave a comment:

• Mark89
    replied
    Can someone tell me what are reasons for converting to 5 lug? I’m an e30 newb.

Leave a comment:

• Lugnuts
    replied
    Error establishing a database connection

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    the link is up again. I kind of forgot to keep up with my website. Sorry.
    http://www.extradrei.com/?p=141

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Originally posted by Rouvld View Post
    Is it possible to buy a oem e30 m3 suspension new.
    Yes, at least the fronts are available at this time. Not sure about the rears. They are prohibitively expensive though. Only time I can think of using them at their price is for restoring an all original E30 M3.

Leave a comment:

• Rouvld
    replied
    Is it possible to buy a oem e30 m3 suspension new.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by getouth View Post
    Complete rear trailing arm minus shocks 700.00
    I bought my 318ti trailing arms for $300.

Leave a comment:

• getouth
    replied
    Complete rear trailing arm minus shocks 700.00

Leave a comment:

• roznic
    replied
    Originally posted by getouth View Post
    This might have been discussed???? Don't crucify me........ What does a complete 5 lug 318ti rear set up go for? It complete brakes rotors calipers....... Everything. Help ASAP! I really don't want to over spend. Pm with answers if possible thanks.
    You prob better off telling what are you buying/offered and for how much?!

Leave a comment:

• clavinZERO
    replied
    I got my front e36 m3 and rear 318ti setup for 1200 bucks. Then I opted to do new brakes all around. The meat and potatoes were in good shape but the rear shocks were from my car already and the front struts I wanted match to the rear (existing) Bilsteins. Depends on whwre you buy and what you service/replace on the setup.

Leave a comment:

• getouth
    replied
    This might have been discussed???? Don't crucify me........ What does a complete 5 lug 318ti rear set up go for? It complete brakes rotors calipers....... Everything. Help ASAP! I really don't want to over spend. Pm with answers if possible thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X