X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aptyp
    replied
    good answer crazy driver, I'll have to measure the exact specs, but 10-15mm is good approximation.

Leave a comment:

• CrAzY_DrIveR
    replied
    maybe 10 or 15mm more at the front i guess

Leave a comment:

• AlpineM325
    replied
    Trying to decide on 5-lug wheel options. How much more does the hub stick out compared to stock. Most likely going to go with e36m fronts and have not decided on the rears.
    sorry if my terminology is off.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by CrAzY_DrIveR View Post
    any of you have experience with e39 or e46 abs? I'll be trying to use one of those in the future...
    as for the trailing arm maybe the back of the car is not as large as the middle and that is why it feels wrong...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    you need to adjust your toe, but getting eccentric TABs or welded subframe.

Originally posted by robmespeedy View Post
    on the front end of a e36 m3 swap, are we able to use m3 sway bar links? u know the ones that bolt on to the strut.
    yes you can

Leave a comment:

• robmespeedy
    replied
    on the front end of a e36 m3 swap, are we able to use m3 sway bar links? u know the ones that bolt on to the strut.

Leave a comment:

• CrAzY_DrIveR
    replied
    any of you have experience with e39 or e46 abs? I'll be trying to use one of those in the future...
    as for the trailing arm maybe the back of the car is not as large as the middle and that is why it feels wrong...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    yes, you can bolt up all 323ti parts straight to the e30, no issues at all.

I've stared at 318ti and e30 trailing arms for months, I've NEVER noticed a difference, so I don't think there's a toe difference. Maybe you're looking at different ride heights, that gives you that perspective.

Leave a comment:

• CrAzY_DrIveR
    replied
    so...

so i can just put the 323ti hub disc calipers to the original e30 arm and keep the same ET as a 318ti complete arm right?

BTW i thing the 318ti trailing arm gives more toe than the e30 one that looks straight am i wrong?

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    there's also another update I need to add to the side.

European 323ti uses a larger rear wheel bearing, but the same rotor as the 318ti. This is a way to keep the standard proven bearing and to get extra 5mm space in the rear.

Cool addition by an Indonesian member.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    back up, since the "true" thread was redirecting questions to my e-mail and PM box

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    I will put it back up on Sunday, when I get back home. I've been out of town for a while. SOmeone did say, that they had a PDF file of it saved, though.

Leave a comment:

• keating786
    replied
    extra drei website failure

Hi,

I was using the extra drei 5 lug conversion website to do my conversion im still in the process of getting the parts but the website has gone. has anyone got the pages saved by any chance. the help would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• IanS_in_Oz
    replied
    Thanx for the info Chris. I have an old set of E46 rotors here, and may still have the original rear calipers off the E36...time to go a-hunting...

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    E36 calipers probably won't fit over the thicker front rotors.

Ian as you should know, 325/328 E36 and all E46 (maybe not 318i) had quite large vented rotors. I think E36 is in the 280's but E46 is 296/294 ish. Both are 19mm thick so you could use either the E36/E46 calipers.

I think you need to make a caliper adapter bracket to cope with the change in diameter though.

I used some Toyota Cressida 270x19 discs with WRX single Sliding calipers on the rear of my car

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    use regular e36 calipers with large piston. That's what made my brakes feel amazing.

Leave a comment:

• IanS_in_Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
    What about the parking brake? This looks good, but a lot of guys are running their's on the street, so this may not work for a street application, correct? I see the remnants of the parking brake assembly laying on the floor...

Still good info, though...

Garey
    I'm fitting a hydraulic parking brake....ala drift spec....

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    Hey Ian, did that just bolt on?
    No, I had to drill and tap the caliper bracket.

Conclusion is that it doesn't work too well. Brake pedal travel is too long with the humungous rear calipers, and the rears lock up too soon, even with the bias adjuster.

Am going to try some different calipers, possibly rears off an E34 5 series.

I have a hillclimb event in two weeks, so I'll put the E36 ti rears back on for that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X