X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aptyp
    replied
    Good info, Atomic. I just didn't have e30 m3 parts to experiment with. I'd like this thread to become THE thread that people get info, because there are a lot of threads already with lots of info scattered around, and some are just plain bullshit.

I am currently messing around with a way to install e36 hubs in trailing arms, and rotor spacer with a hub center for a rotor.

Leave a comment:

• BenM
    replied
    This is great info guys, thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• atomic
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    e30 m3 rotor is 12mm vs e36 10mm. But if you have access to all those m3 parts already, why would you even be modifying anything?

Grinding Caliper Carriers is not a good idea IMO. Something about grinding away at your brakes seem like a dangerous idea. I wouldn't do it.

I will research dealer list pricing and put it up, as long as you guys remember that they will be list prices and make things look pricier than what could be had cheaper by simple shopping around (Advance Auto, Get in the Zone, etc.)

The e30 M3 brake carriers/calipers are NLA (front and rear) that is the reason of going the route I mentioned for the rear (e32 735 rear brakes calipers are easy to find and the same part used for the e30 M3). This route works just fine, the amount taken off of the e36 318ti carriers is minimal (tons of meat left). Several people on here have gone that route with no issues (inlcuding me).

If you shop around, you can buy the e30 M3 parts needed new and pick up used e36 318ti/Z3 rear carriers & e32 735 rear calipers and have in the $500 range with new e30 M3 rotors/pads.

Guess all I am getting at is doing the rear with e30 M3 parts is not all that expensive, its the front e30 M3 parts that will clean your wallet out...

Sorry for the thread jack, carry on...
    Last edited by atomic; 02-22-2009, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    e30 m3 rotor is 12mm vs e36 10mm. But if you have access to all those m3 parts already, why would you even be modifying anything?

Grinding Caliper Carriers is not a good idea IMO. Something about grinding away at your brakes seem like a dangerous idea. I wouldn't do it.

I will research dealer list pricing and put it up, as long as you guys remember that they will be list prices and make things look pricier than what could be had cheaper by simple shopping around (Advance Auto, Get in the Zone, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• atomic
    replied
    You can also do e30 M3 drive flanges/bearings/axle nuts/locks/rotors/pads with e36 318ti/Z3 rear carriers with e32 735 rear calipers on the rear...

E36 318ti carriers will need slight modification to fit over the e30 M3 rear rotors

Leave a comment:

• rjteeter
    replied
    Do you have a price list or final cost for us lazy fuckers?

Leave a comment:

• e30this
    replied
    :bow:

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    started a poll 5-lug Setup

5-lug Setup

Yes
    89.83%
    No
    10.17%
    5-Lug Write-Up
    Removed the site, got really tired of stupid e-mails and PM's. Especially, people on the fence, that want me to convince them to do something to their car.

NEW LINK IS UP

Enjoy :)
    Last edited by Aptyp; 07-15-2015, 08:38 PM.
Working...
X