Clear All

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Hey Ian, did that just bolt on?

Leave a comment:

• bmwmech1
    replied
    Originally posted by IanS_in_Oz View Post
    E32 7 series front rotors and E28 5 series front callipers fit....

What about the parking brake? This looks good, but a lot of guys are running their's on the street, so this may not work for a street application, correct? I see the remnants of the parking brake assembly laying on the floor...

Still good info, though...

Garey

Leave a comment:

• IanS_in_Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by BusyMrE30 View Post
    Is there a way to fit e36 m3 rear calipers and rotors on an e30 five lug converssion i have plenty horse power and need to stop
    E32 7 series front rotors and E28 5 series front callipers fit....

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Down again ?

Leave a comment:

• BigD
    replied
    Why is this still not a sticky? It's like the Bible not being a sticky on a Christianity forum.

Leave a comment:

• BusyMrE30
    replied
    Is there a way to fit e36 m3 rear calipers and rotors on an e30 five lug converssion i have plenty horse power and need to stop

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    there's also another update I need to add to the side.

European 323ti uses a larger rear wheel bearing, but the same rotor as the 318ti. This is a way to keep the standard proven bearing and to get extra 5mm space in the rear.

Cool addition by an Indonesian member.

Leave a comment:

• hotballs
    replied
    No reason this isn't a sticky. Great writeup. Let's keep it at the top. I also have a pdf copy of your website front page in case it ever goes down.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    by popular demand, it's back

Leave a comment:

• greggp
    replied
    Any chance you could re-post your write up?

Leave a comment:

• greggp
    replied
    Link to doc

Saved the link but noticed the site is down. Anyone have this great doc posted.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• samiam3356
    replied
    Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
    I'm going to re-post some info because I think it's valuable:

318ti calipers have a 2mm smaller piston than 325 calipers.

The current state of the art is that in order to use the e36 non-318ti calipers you need to mount them on the opposite side in order to use the stock hose. The bleed nipple is on the bottom and I need to stand on my head whenever I want to bleed the brakes....

Option two. Go to local hydraulic shop and fabricate a couple of hoses for $40 that let me mount the calipers in the proper position so that bleeding doesn't become a hassle. The brake line *may* need to be removed to remove the caliper, but that's it.

Parts used:

(2) BQ4511 Tube Nut 10x1mm x 3/16
    (2) HF02 Fitting-universal ext 3/16 bundy tube
    (2) HFMF05 Fitting- Female 10x1mm European (DPS)
    12" 1/8" brake hose

$40, assembled and pressure tested to 3000psi
    So stock
    e36 m3 front piston 60mm;
    e36 m3 rear piston 40mm;
    e36 318ti rear piston 34mm;
    e36 325 rear piston 36mm;

At least it's a move in the right direction and I would imagine it being fairly cheap to do as well.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    my fluid stayed as clear as the day I poured it in a year and a half ago, so that means I didn't leave any air in there, but I see what you're saying.

Yeah, I replaced a trailing arm before, because parking brake cable was rusted/fused in place. Such a stupid problem to have.

Leave a comment:

• hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    interesting... I actually had no issues bleeding brakes. I don't even take wheels off, nor lift the car. I put 7mm wrench on it and a brake bleeder over the nipple.
    The bubbles could stay at the top. Just sayin...

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    PS: Push your barking brake cable in.
    The spring pushes it out until they're installed. I was glad the new ones were plastic.. the old metal ones were a BITCH to remove!

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    interesting... I actually had no issues bleeding brakes. I don't even take wheels off, nor lift the car. I put 7mm wrench on it and a brake bleeder over the nipple.

When I had 17's I bled brakes through spokes, hehe.

PS: Push your barking brake cable in.
    Last edited by Aptyp; 01-28-2011, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X