Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset CAB - Too much foward

Hi everyone,

I have trouble finding the right CAB to get my front wheels centered in the arch.

My set-up:
    - E36 M3 Brakes and knuckles
    - GC Coilover with Camber/caster top plates
    - SRS Concept CAB
    - Meyle 95 Aftermarket Control Arm

The wheel sits too much foward.
    I have also tried the Treehouse CAB, but I have the wheel sits rearward.

Any advices?
    Has anyone been able to make the '95 Control arm fit properly?

thank you
    Last edited by Pattquin; 06-30-2020, 12:15 PM.

The tree house cabs look like they'd work well with 96+ M3 control arms. Just judging by your pics looks like you'd get fairly close to centered.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Tyeler18, I was tring to find a solution with the current '95 new arms that I have. Theses 96+ arms are getting very expensive and rare, thats why I went with the SRS concept bushing but unfortunately they bring the wheel way too far foward.

Comment

you can try an SLR adjustable CAB. I had those and took the jam nut off to get my wheel more forward but nearly as much as with the SRS CAB. (I've had both SLR and SRS) not sure how it compares to a treehouse style one though
        -Dee
        5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
        IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
          you can try an SLR adjustable CAB. I had those and took the jam nut off to get my wheel more forward but nearly as much as with the SRS CAB. (I've had both SLR and SRS) not sure how it compares to a treehouse style one though
          Which sat better in the wheel well? SLR or SRS?

Comment

The SRS one worked best for me but I have 50mm extended control arms and non-M3 knuckles. I feel the SLR ones would be fine if you had M3 knuckles.
            -Dee
            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Part of your problem is a 225/55/16 is way too big for an E30. even if you get it centered, you're not going to be able to turn the wheels.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Part of your problem is a 225/55/16 is way too big for an E30. even if you get it centered, you're not going to be able to turn the wheels.
                I thought the same thing, I also feel like if it sat a little lower it would sort out the issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X