Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best camber plates for someone on a budget....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best camber plates for someone on a budget....

I really need to find something that will preserve the tires a bit more now that I have a half hour one way commute and am driving 5 times the distance I use to a day. Just looking for a fixed plate design that will take out as much camber as possible. I suppose anything a 1/2* or more would be great.

Well, most aftermarket camber plates are made to increase negative camber, not positive. But I am sure you can add some positive with them. You might want to look into getting the BMW OE crash correction mounts. They are just like stock, but depending on how you install them you can get 1/2 degree positive or negative added.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ireland Engineering sells something. www.bmw2002.com

I think their $150 plates will work for you.

Comment

Re: Best camber plates for someone on a budget....

Originally posted by Avus_325is
        I really need to find something that will preserve the tires a bit more now that I have a half hour one way commute and am driving 5 times the distance I use to a day. Just looking for a fixed plate design that will take out as much camber as possible. I suppose anything a 1/2* or more would be great.
        BMW OEM crash mounts. You can flip them to gain postive camber.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Exactly how negative is your camber? Even with my car slammed this year, my Azenis wore from new to all the way bald completely even.

Comment

There's a guy in Roundel that sells some for like just over $100...just ordered some from him.

Stainless steel, and they're adjustable.
            Trevor Ely
            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Forgot about those; $130 and they are adjustable.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                http://www.bmwbushings.com/BMW%20Camber%20Plates.htm

Forgot about those; $130 and they are adjustable.
                I don't think you can get any positive camber with those, which is what this guy needs.

I'd still say that the crash mounts are his best bet.

-Charlie
                '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                FYYFF

Comment

Thanks guys. The camber isn't terrible but enough so that the wear isn't even. I figure I fix that I'll only be replacing 2 tires (rear) every 8 months.

Comment

my solution to your problem (i had the same problem) was, i bought the correction upper strut bearings to add 1/2 a degree of positive, and then i bought the IE street camber plates which can add a 1/2 or subtract 2.5, i added a half, so im now back to stock camber, and i also have the option of going to -3.5 for a track day. its a nice set up in my opinion
                    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                      -Charlie
                      Anybody have a part #?

TIA
                      '91 318is
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
                        -Charlie
                        Anybody have a part #?

TIA
                        I can't dig up a part number on the ETK for the offset mount. However, shops like Bimmerworld carry them, and I'm sure if you walked up to the dealer and asked for "offset strut top, aka crash mounts", they'd know what you were asking for.

-Charlie
                        FYYFF

Comment

-Charlie
                          Anybody have a part #?

TIA
                          I can't dig up a part number on the ETK for the offset mount. However, shops like Bimmerworld carry them, and I'm sure if you walked up to the dealer and asked for "offset strut top, aka crash mounts", they'd know what you were asking for.

-Charlie
                          Yeah, I couldn't find it on the ETK. I'll most likely go to the dealer.

Approx. price?
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

-Charlie
                            Anybody have a part #?

TIA

-Charlie
                            Yeah, I couldn't find it on the ETK. I'll most likely go to the dealer.

Approx. price?
                            Bimmerworld asks 89/piece for them. I'd give BMA or a place like that a call, see if they stock it as well.

-Charlie
                            FYYFF

Comment

Yea, I checked out bimmerworld and was blown away by 89 a pop. I got a buddy down in rockville that works at a dealer, deffinately gonna have to give him a call, hopefully I could find something in the 100 range.

Comment

Working...
                              X