No announcement yet.

steering wheel knocking when turning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine sorta makes a sound like its a high pitched grind. this the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
      Do you have the stock steering wheel?

If not, did you remove that white peg in the steering column? My MTech1 wheel did the same thing when I replaced the airbag wheel with it.

I pulled that sucker off and everything works fine now.
      Thanks for this info I am going to be putting an Mtech wheel in & never would have known to remove this.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by E30godz View Post
        whenever i turn the steering wheel like in a tight space situation (or just low speeds i guess) with lots of throwing the steering wheel back and forth, it knocks very noticeably. like every revolution or so it does....is this that big nut on the steering column or something else?
        DAmn, did anyone ever figure out an official solution to this. I filed the little white piece down flat and still get this "knocking sound and feeling" in the wheel when turning it past a certain point. The same certain point everytime.

When I push the wheel in towards the column and turn it, the knock goes away. Simply tightening the nut even tighter doesn't get the wheel closer though and even if it did, I would be completely up on the signal and washer levers..

Someone? Thanks

Comment

I just removed the knee bolster and all the other shit in the way of the airbag computer and while I was down there, I shook the steering shaft and it seems to have some play in it and is making, what sounds like, the same noise up at the wheel when turning it past that certain point. Could it be the knuckle then? The knuckle connecting the steering shaft to the the steering rack?

Only thing is, this noise/knocking only presented itself after I changed to the M Tech I wheel?? A little help here please...

Comment

ok, how many of you guys have replaced your steering wheel with an M-Tech I and no one can weigh in on this knocking shit?

Comment

Working...
            X