UUC Bbk Caliper Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC Bbk Caliper Pistons

One of my uuc brake calipers was leaking and I took it apart. I want to replace the pistons so I called wilwood about it and they claimed they did not make the calipers. I even sent them pictures. They said they do not make calipers with different size pistons. Also the pistons in the calipers do not correspond with any of the replacements. The 1.25 pistons they sell are in the wrong style.

Has anyone replaced the pistons on their UUC bbk before? And if so where did you get them from. I know the dia are 1.25 and 1.38 because of the seal kit I bought from UUC a long time ago but that’s all I know.

Check with Alcon.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I’m not sure how that’s related.

Comment

Few UUC kits came with Alcon calipers.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by ErickEnriquez View Post
          One of my uuc brake calipers was leaking and I took it apart. I want to replace the pistons so I called wilwood about it and they claimed they did not make the calipers. I even sent them pictures. They said they do not make calipers with different size pistons. Also the pistons in the calipers do not correspond with any of the replacements. The 1.25 pistons they sell are in the wrong style.

Has anyone replaced the pistons on their UUC bbk before? And if so where did you get them from. I know the dia are 1.25 and 1.38 because of the seal kit I bought from UUC a long time ago but that’s all I know.
          Can you post pictures of the caliper? My recollection is that they were Wilwood Dynapro calipers, but I could be wrong. I think UUC also used SSBC calipers on some fitments. These were made long enough ago that you may have simply been talking to the wrong customer service rep at Wilwood, as these very easily could be a legacy product that they no longer support. They do have 4 piston calipers with differently sized pistons, but not in the off the shelf Dynapro lineup.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

They were not Wilwood calipers.

I (while at IE) was directly in competition with UUC on BBK's and the kits I helped design utilized Wilwoods, while the UUC Caliper was done "in house". Their selling point was that the from-scratch caliper had integrated mounting ears that mitigated a secondary mounting bracket (which was admittedly pretty nifty).

Comment

My calipers look exactly like the ones on UUCs website minus the one picture of an actual wilwood caliper. Im
              having issues uploading photos.

let me look into alcon and SSBC.

What I also noticed when I bought them was UUC says they have dust boots when they obviously don’t and I’ve seen others say the same thing as well.

I did order o rings and clips a while back and the o rings are wilwood sizes and the clips came in wilwood packaging

Comment

My calipers look identical to these https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...aliper-rebuild

Comment

Working...
                X