No announcement yet.

Rear subframe bushing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump...I just got the tool back from another member. Any easy tranactions, and this time they did 2 cars with the tool.

Rental fee $50 per week (7 days) plus shipping. Another $150 deposit that will be returned minus shipping cost. $25 for every week after. Will ship either FedEx or UPS and supply tracking. Return must be the same. Will include instructions. Day 1 starts the day after the part is received. Must be shipped on the eighth. Only do Paypal.

Part is from SIRtools, #3026. It also does e36, e28, e23, e34 and e32.

This beats buying the same $400 tool for a a hard job that only is done every so many years.

It will be 1st come, 1st serve and will have a queue and keep everyone updated along the way.

PM if you have questions.
    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
      Bump...I just got the tool back from another member. Any easy tranactions, and this time they did 2 cars with the tool.
      That was me! I highly recommend going this route. The tool made the work one of the easier jobs I've done on the E30. I hardly had to lower the subframe and ended up doing both my E30s in less time than I figured it would take for one of them. Monty23psk was a pleasure to work with.

Do it!

1987 325is

--- used to haves ---
      1988 325is
      1999 540i/6/Sport
      1989 325iX
      1998 M3

Comment

Thank for the kind works and same to you. Anyone else need the tool, I currently have it.

Comment

Bump

Comment

R&R bushing without dropping the subframe, DIY tool here:
            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I bought the stuff from Harbor Freight to do this, but have not done the job yet; let me know if you try it.
            "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

seems pretty straight forward...for a 2 piece bushing, how do you get the top half in?

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                R&R bushing without dropping the subframe, DIY tool here:
                Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I bought the stuff from Harbor Freight to do this, but have not done the job yet; let me know if you try it.
                Good good shit here, how do you put the damn thing back in though?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBones View Post
                  seems pretty straight forward...for a 2 piece bushing, how do you get the top half in?
                  I believe the R&R in-place method only applies to OEM or 1-piece poly.
                  "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Bump...I just got the tool back from 2 rentals and up for the next person interested.

PM if interested.

Comment

I was the last one to rent the tool and it worked like a charm. We had way more trouble re-installing the trailing arms and the subframe onto the car than we did replacing the bushings themselves. Got my deposit refund quickly.
                      The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                        I believe the R&R in-place method only applies to OEM or 1-piece poly.
                        Polyurethane bushings don't require a press to insert, they are just pushed in place by hand. You do need to remove the center bolt, which is easy on everything but the 318ti and Z3.

Comment

Got the tool back from another member....Who's next?

Comment

I might snag this from you soonish...
                            sigpic

Comment

sounds good, let me know...

Comment

Interested in the tool possibly??
                                88 M3 Diamantschwarz