Opinions on UUC Motorworks Rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    yeah I'm not sure exactly what you guys were expecting here? bling rotors for a 4 bolt E30?
    Probably just to be what is advertised on the web site?

When I bought mine, the coating from the friction surfaces had already been removed.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Ebay, duh...

ATE rotors also come with a coating like that, only it's clear, so nobody ever bitches about it. It just keeps them from rusting while they are on the shelf. I had a set sitting under my house for 5 years and it was still like new when I finally decided to use them.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Probably just to be what is advertised on the web site?

When I bought mine, the coating from the friction surfaces had already been removed.
        maybe it doesn't matter? actually I'm about 99% sure it doesn't matter, that you can just stick them on your car and go, the coating won't be there for very long.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It's not a big deal at all....

Where I work, we have "demo" equipment at our offices that we sell for almost full price because we take extremely good care of the machines so even though we've used it for 2-3 months, i don't have to give them a huge discount because it looks beat.

I guess when i see pictures on the website that look a certain way, i expect it to come the same...i guess my expectations are too high. So far so good though....i haven't changed the fronts yet though...been working on installing my stereo all day.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            maybe it doesn't matter? actually I'm about 99% sure it doesn't matter, that you can just stick them on your car and go, the coating won't be there for very long.
            You are right, it matters exactly 0%. But is is 100% BS that UUC claims that these rotors are something special. Most people know that if you are running stock size brakes just get brembo blanks but others try to go the extra mile to find the better deal, and those people then get boned by UUC with these sweet spray painted rotors.
            sigpic
            '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

^^^couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by GOT8SPD View Post

I guess when i see pictures on the website that look a certain way, i expect it to come the same
                That was my only point.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                X