No announcement yet.

i have to replace the rear brake hardline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat right now. What did you end up doing?
    REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Yes...no?
      REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

i just redid all the brake lines yesterday. just need to reassemble the rear end, install the front ss lines, and bleed the brakes.

you definitely have to drop the subframe down a few inches to remove the existing lines. i ended up clipping the tabs with a pair of dikes because the hardline and the flexline was so rusted together above the subframe it was impossible to remove. i spent hours trying to remove them before i said fuck it and just clipped it. twisted it apart and it dropped right back out. then just twisted them back into place.

and i really regret not having more faith in myself, but my proposed idea of running -4AN stainless steel flexline to a -4AN to -3AN reducer would have worked perfectly. and it would have cost the same. a -3AN fitting screws right into the oem bmw fittings. i bought all the fittings just to see. if i ever do this in the future, that is the route i will take.

so far it's taken me 8 hours and i have another 2+ to go.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

dude.... I needed out of the house.. Would have at least held a wrench...

Comment

well sir, i've got so much more work to do on the car. haha. believe me, this was not a fun job.

and it's all back together again! omfg!

hq pics here:

no pics of the main hard line, but there wasnt a lot of room, and the iphone doesnt have a wide angle, so... no pics. but it looks pretty much like before. except brand fucking new.
            Last edited by Kershaw; 01-16-2012, 07:34 PM.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
            X