No announcement yet.

Control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only the passenger side is going bad, why are you replacing both arms?

Comment

Are you sure you are tightening the 22mm nut the correct amount? I know that but on the passenger side is a pain in the a$$

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        If only the passenger side is going bad, why are you replacing both arms?

Just in case the other goes bad just a bit after honestly.

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
        Are you sure you are tightening the 22mm nut the correct amount? I know that but on the passenger side is a pain in the a$$

I'd say so.

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
        PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
        Originally posted by marshallnoise
        You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

I just recently replaced my control arms and I took a pair of bmw oem arms and pressed out the old ball joints and pressed in some Lemfoerders. If you don't want to spend the money on new oem arms than why not go the route I did? Oem arms with oem replacements balljoints instead of of he cheaper version control arms you are using? What brand are you buying by the way?

sigpic
          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Its important to make sure the ball joint isn't overtightened or undertightened as that will cause premature failure but also in rare cases the taper where the joint slides through the front subframe could very well be worn/oblong as well considering this issue seems to be re-occurring causing the joint to work fine for awhile at first.

Jared

Comment

Working...
            X