No announcement yet.

I love rear end bushings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have any trouble putting the new TA bushings in? I am in the middle of it and my TA bushings are being a bitch to put in. I have the IE bushings. I get them going in and the metal sleeve wants to go in before the rest of the bushing and the bushing starts to bubble out. I have them lubed up like mad and no matter how hard I try I can't get it to go in. Any advice?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30
      Did you have any trouble putting the new TA bushings in? I am in the middle of it and my TA bushings are being a bitch to put in. I have the IE bushings. I get them going in and the metal sleeve wants to go in before the rest of the bushing and the bushing starts to bubble out. I have them lubed up like mad and no matter how hard I try I can't get it to go in. Any advice?
      Did you clean/remove any obstructions on the female side?

Comment

definitely. I even used a 1" flapper wheel to clean out the inside of the TA.
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I'd like to interject a question or two here.

Are the cabby rear subframes the same as the coupe? I'd like to rebuild one outside the car and swap it in.

Second - I'm running H&R race springs - will I need adjustable TA bushings or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
            I'd like to interject a question or two here.

Are the cabby rear subframes the same as the coupe? I'd like to rebuild one outside the car and swap it in.

Second - I'm running H&R race springs - will I need adjustable TA bushings or no?
            It would not hurt, help get rid of that camber in the rear. Make your tires last longer!! I know its a pain in the ass, but it will be worth it!

Comment

Working...
            X