Subframe bushing recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subframe bushing recommendations?

I'm getting some weird shaking and vibrations from the rear end of my car and I think it's narrowed down to the bushings.

Now which ones do I want?

I'm somewhat against putting original bushings in, because I know they'll break again in another 150k miles. But then I don't want to put solid bushings in because my car is primarily for DD'ing. Should I do a mixture of rubber and powerflex? Are oem m3 bushings harder then stock eta ones?

Also, Rear sway bar, would it be smart to do that while the subframe is out? Or can that wait until a later day?

Thoughts please

get OEM,
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I have IE's poly bushings for the street, and they're not noisy or uncomfortable at all.

Comment

After some research, I went with OEM rubber.
        Estoguy
        1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

OEM is perfectly fine if for a normal car. If you're a little bit crazy you can start going down the poly/delrin route. Only reason I'll be going delrin here soon is because my car is going to become less and less of a daily and I like the idea of the 12mm riser bushings.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Swaybar bushings (I assume that's what you mean when you say "do that" were a pain in the nuts, atleast with the Powerflex 80A bushings we used in the racecar. Granted it was made harder due to the reinforcement kit we put in.

But we did it with the rear suspension and diff in the car (short of halfshafts) hopefully that answers your qurstiob
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
            X