Brake Lining light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Lining light

So I was driving through the Adirondacks today and my brake lining light started to flicker rapidly but never came on fully while I was driving. It did this for about the last hour of my drive. Braking was unaffected. I could still stop on a dime. Any ideas as to what the problem is?
    Back to my roots

What's the thickness of your pads? The sensor could be coming unplugged.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

or it could just be loose
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Ive got about 3k on a set of Axxis Ultimates. Sounds like the pad sensor could jsut be loose as the light is constantly flickering.
        Back to my roots

Comment

could be rubbing on your wheel and shorting out. just take a look at it.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Or the connection on your dash light is lose or messed up :). Mine does the same thing.
            Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

just disconnect that damn thing... most useless warning light EVA!!! mine has never worked right sicnce the car was new
              e30sport.net
              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Update:

Well now the light is permanently on, with little to no flickering. These pads have literally 3k tops of daily driving, no hard braking other than the random jaunt through the twisties. Could they really be wearing out already? Axxis Ultimates by the way. Is there a possibility that I have a caliper thats slightly frozen and causing a pad to constantly rub? What are the symptoms of this?

I have yet to get the wheels off as all my tools are back at home, but this weekend I should make the drive back. Should I be worried about a 300 mile drive?
                Back to my roots

Comment

Was it raining/did you drive through water? I had this exact thing happen right after I replaced EVERYTHING but the calipers in my entire brake system, turned out to be a waterlogged sensor. Until I could get a new one I cut off the sensor end and connected the wires together, a new sensor fixed the issue correctly.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

It had rained for about a day that the car was parked before I drove home. That could very well be the problem.
                    Back to my roots

Comment

disconnect them....they are garbage

Comment

Working...
                      X