weld in toe/camber kits orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weld in toe/camber kits orientation

what orientation are you putting the eccentric bolts for the toe (outboard) adjusters? is everyone putting the bolt in from the diff side and the nut on the bushing side or opposite? I feel like bolt should go in from the bushing side to make it easier to adjust and torque the nut down?
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

I had the bolt going from the outside in towards the diff, worked fine.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I just posted about this same thing

So you can install them from the outside, facing in so the nuts are on the diff side?

Comment

That's what I did as well since it made the most sense and I didn't have to cut the bushing. You just won't be able to remove the bolt from the car without dropping the subframe but this is no big deal.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

yeah my subframe is already on the floor, just wanted to double check what people were doing, thanks all
          1991 318is ---230K - DD
          1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
          so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread but what did you end up doing? I think maybe that's why Garagistic says to cut part of the bushing. It's the only company that I've seen suggest this. I guess it makes sense now, but is there any draw back to cutting it?

Comment

Working...
            X