IE toe/camber kit Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt View Post
    I am going to mill the center of the plates a little thinner, I think.
    Matt,

The pictures above are of my subframe. I did exactly what you suggested, and had the plates thinned down slightly. Sorry to go metric on you, but mine were 2mm thick after machining, and this was enough to get full engagement on the nut. There's not much sticking out of the end, but it is all the way on.

Ian.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

yeah... uhm, cant we just have a longer bolt???
        this is stupid. IE's stuff pisses me off. Ive had to trash most of their "kit hardware"

Comment

Originally posted by ultegra View Post

Thank god somebody on here knows how to lay down some welds!

Do you know if the welder used filler rod? I know that sometimes you can get away with no filler.

Comment

It looks like some filler rod was used.

The welds on Kroberts' look pretty good too, obviously MIG though.

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
              yeah... uhm, cant we just have a longer bolt???
              this is stupid. IE's stuff pisses me off. Ive had to trash most of their "kit hardware"
              because it's a special bolt with an eccentric head, made for a specific BMW model. there isn't a longer bolt like this..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

rear end

...good info.. and I understand the value of having adjustment back there.......but Im wondering......

I run HR race so Im lowered a bit as well, and I track the car mainly.........and my rear toe and camber was very conservartive w/ no issues......like neg 2, and toe I cant recall. I have all new bushings( poly).......maybe I was just lucky?.

How bad are your numbers that you wanted this kit?........perhaps since I do like 4k miles per yr( on track) its a non issue. Just wondering.
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Are you sure you were looking at my welds!

I suck at welding. I eventually end up with good penetration but they are butt-f***king ugly.

I appreciate the kind words.

kr

Comment

The ones across the top are probably about as good as you can expect to do with a MIG. Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                    X