Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Arms: When is it time to replace them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
    The general word is that Lemfoerder is the brand to get.
    "That is correct" ~Billy Madison

Lemforder is the only thing we'll use.
    besides the trick DTM replica setups... 8)
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      The general word is that Lemfoerder is the brand to get.
      "That is correct" ~Billy Madison

Lemforder is the only thing we'll use.
      besides the trick DTM replica setups... 8)
      Damn that sucks. That brands not $70 for each control arm.Tie rods or tie rod ends? Maybe I'll spend a bit more then...

And Bill does all that come with these products? Or is that a rebuild kit you can buy?
      Reminiscing...

Comment

Nah, I ordered all that as individual parts. Two control arms, two tie rod (assemblies are $38, ends are probably like 20), M3 control arm bushing set, and the hardware (the locknuts, tie rod lock plates, and clamps for the accordian boots). Total was like $290 (2x70 + 2x38 + 75, I think) + shipping. This was back in January.

I got the stubby wrenches from Sears.

Comment

Nah, I ordered all that as individual parts. Two control arms, two tie rod (assemblies are $38, ends are probably like 20), M3 control arm bushing set, and the hardware (the locknuts, tie rod lock plates, and clamps for the accordian boots). Total was like $290 (2x70 + 2x38 + 75, I think) + shipping. This was back in January.

I got the stubby wrenches from Sears.
          Okay thanks. I'll be ordering this stuff from BMA soon enough. Thanks again for everyone's input.
          Reminiscing...

Comment

I got the control arms & full tie rods for 178.00 DELIVERED! from Patrick @ BMA he hooked me up! They were delivered today but I am not in Laredo to see what brand they are.

When I get back I will have them & the conttrol arm bushings replaced at the dealer here for the equivalent of 200.00!!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
            X