No announcement yet.

Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just acquired the massive 300x32 race kit and the rear wheels fit but the fronts are just a few mm to large with 15" D-force wheels.

So far I can't find any wheels that will fit the new brakes. It's a bit frustrating to say the least.

From what I have read, here are the wheels that are supposed to fit over my new BBKs....

Team Dynamics 1.2s 15x7 - Purchased a test wheel from BW and they are a big NO GO.

Kosei K4Rs 15x8 with 3mm spacers - Can not find anywhere. These would be my pick for the car. Anyone have a link to some for sale?

JRW Series 500 - 15x10 These would nearly double my tire consumable costs since I would have to run 275/35/15 Hoosiers.

What am I missing? BTW this is for a fully race prepared e30.

Links to wheels that might fit would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    - 1998 E36M3/4 (retired)
    - 2005 E46 330i ZHP (totaled)
    - 2007 E90 335i Black/Blk/Alu Trim (retired)
    - 2009 E90 M3 - Jet Blk on Blk DCT, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Moonroof, PDC, Ipod, Sat - Picked up 9/25/09
    - 1987 E30 325is - BMWCCA Club Racing DM

Comment

Kosei K5R or Kosei K8R seem to offer great clearance. :)

The Kosei K4R got discontinued two years ago and I shouted everyone back then to grab a set before they got NLA. ;-)

I think the K8R is still a current model. As there's no feedback on this thread about that wheel, I suggest sending a retailer the fitment template in pdf file and have him test it against a wheel from the inventory.

K5R

K8R

Last edited by Massive Lee; 02-24-2018, 09:17 AM.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I have the 15x8 K8Rs on my car with the 300x32 massive kit. Clearance is great.
        '91 318is
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew View Post
          Oh great news. These kits were designed over 10 years ago now, and obviously the available selection of new wheels that fit them changes year after year. Would it be possible that you post pictures? That would help so many people... ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

BTW I am reposting an old drawing I made that compared clearances between Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.0 vs 1.3 - The older wheel was "better" ;-) The old Team Dynamic 2.0 was even better.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

And looking at this picture (obviously not from an e30) it seems that the Kosei K8R rim was designed to be BBK friendly. ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Great news....where did you get them? What offset? 57.1 hub? I am looking to have a set or 2 before my next event in a month.
                - 1998 E36M3/4 (retired)
                - 2009 E90 M3 - Jet Blk on Blk DCT, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Moonroof, PDC, Ipod, Sat - Picked up 9/25/09

Comment

These were from Tire Rack. 15x8 et20. They do need a hub centering ring, and originally came with plastic ones... but a quick note to my sales guy there and he sent me some nice aluminum ones.

I think they are great wheels - super cheap and very light weight. And I feel much more confident hitting curbing at the track with these over my last set of Rotas with about a million heat cycles.

The 225/50-15 Pirelli Trofeo Rs are cool too, but the massive balloon sidewalls rub pretty badly on the rear quarters even with an aggressive roll.
                  Last edited by Brew; 02-24-2018, 05:20 PM.
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

Great looking car. Wheels look great. Any close-up shots showing calipers and clearances?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I can't find 15x8 Kosei wheels on Tirerack's site. I'll give them a call on monday and see if they can track down a set or 2.

Do you know what offset you bought or do they just make one and rely on customers buying spacers?

Mike

These were from Tire Rack. 15x8 et20. They do need a hub centering ring, and originally came with plastic ones... but a quick note to my sales guy there and he sent me some nice aluminum ones.

I think they are great wheels - super cheap and very light weight. And I feel much more confident hitting curbing at the track with these over my last set of Rotas with about a million heat cycles.

The 225/50-15 Pirelli Trofeo Rs are cool too, but the massive balloon sidewalls rub pretty badly on the rear quarters even with an aggressive roll.
                      - 1998 E36M3/4 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Great looking car. Wheels look great. Any close-up shots showing calipers and clearances?

Sorry this is the best I can do at the moment - car is sleeping for the winter in the barn and not very accessible.
                        '91 318is
                        sigpic

Comment

thanks ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Damn, I searched there today. I assume they dont offer that wheel in 5x120?
                            Tire Rack sucks for searching wheels.
                            Jimmy P.
                            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                            98 318Ti Morea Green
                            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Hi, I have Massive Lee's 300x32 kit and I have 3 sets of wheels that fit over them:
                              • Team Dynamics 1.2 Pro Race 15x7 4x100 ET15 -- I'm looking to sell these so PM me if you're interested
                              • Team Dynamics Pro Race 4x100 ET25 17x8
                              • 16x7 O.Z. Alleggerita HLT MGS (should still be available for sale on Tire Rack) -- these require a 10mm spacer on the front

Unfortunately I don't have photos of either of the Team Dynamics wheels mounted on my brakes, but I do have photos of the OZ wheels mounted:
                              sigpic
                              1990 325i

Comment

Well, Tire Rack no longer has K8Rs. But I bought 1 K5R to test fit that should be here on Wednesday. I'll post back once I know if it fits.

Mike
                                - 1998 E36M3/4 (retired)

Comment

Working...
                                X