Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

issue with brand new braided stailess brake line( pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issue with brand new braided stailess brake line( pictures)

Hi !

I was in the process of install my brand new braided brake line but i thing i might have an issue with it.

i bought my stainless line on the web at : autohausaz.com.
    they dont seem to be branded ...

to problem is that the fitting that goes on the caliper is not Bubble flare. i have install the line from the hardline to the trailing arm with no issue at all. but now the braided line frome the trailing arm to the caliper seem to have the wrong fitting type.

( it is the same for the front caliper..)

i got you 2 pictures to compare the old hose that were on the car ( dont know if it oem , but it is what i remove )

i have made some research here and there and some say ishould not install them , and other have been in the same struggle and they install them without any issue..
    i have write to autohauaz with no anwser at the moment.

please could you clear me up with this ?

thanks

The original hose better matches the shape of the bottom of the hole for the hose in the brakes.

Comment

I know that ... that why i asking ..

Comment

It will probably work once bottomed in to the caliper, but you run the risk of stripping threads if too much force is applied to compensate for the mismatch in seat profile. As an aside, all of the stainless lines I've seen before matched, or were pretty close to, the original flare type, so you might just have the wrong part.

Comment

Many people are not aware that there are different types of brake lines, different types of flares (with different unions), different materials that they can be made of, or how to cut, and flare them properly. The most common brake line size for most BMW's and particularly true for E30's is 4.75mm with a M10

Bubble flare in E30.

Japanese flare.

Comment

Definitely the wrong part, or their manufacturer fucked up.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
              http://www.rtsauto.com/brake-lines-f...-double-flare/

Bubble flare in E30.

Japanese flare.
              Wow learn something new every day! Thank you for today's lesson
              PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

So far so good ....
                i have install the and bleed de brake and test Drive with hard braking ( bellow 50mph) and everything home on , no leak ..

what will you doing with this situation ??...

Comment

Working...
                X