Early model E30 lowest lowering rear springs???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    Originally posted by DAN-E30

    what do you think of the recommended GC spring rates for street car with the conversion kit, 375/475 front/rear. I don't want the ride to be extremely hard and definitely not soft. Something in between but more towards a sportier ride
    My spring rate is 450F/650R. It's a bit firm at that rate not too harsh but definitely not soft.
    This is what GC recommended to me for an "aggressive back-road car" (mid range for a daily and a entry level track setup)

    Leave a comment:


  • It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    Originally posted by DAN-E30

    i will check them out, perfect thanks
    No worries

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop
    CondorSpeedShop sales an affordable rear toe and camber adjustment bushing that does not require cutting or welding. So if you go low and you need to adjust toe and camber you can.
    https://www.condorspeedshop.com/prod...fbef4543&_ss=r
    i will check them out, perfect thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by iXguido

    Yes that is certainly possible. If the adjusters were removed in the rear with 4" springs the wheel would be rubbing inside the fender.

    As @It's Soda Not Pop said, contact GC when you order and tell them exactly what you want and they will set you up. This is my third coil-over kit I've bought from them and they've been able to get me exactly what I need every time.

    Keep in mind that if you goo that low you will need to weld in camber adjusters in the rear or you will be destroying the insides of your tires.
    what do you think of the recommended GC spring rates for street car with the conversion kit, 375/475 front/rear. I don't want the ride to be extremely hard and definitely not soft. Something in between but more towards a sportier ride

    Leave a comment:


  • It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    CondorSpeedShop sales an affordable rear toe and camber adjustment bushing that does not require cutting or welding. So if you go low and you need to adjust toe and camber you can.
    Condor Speed Shop designed an Adjustable Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Kit made specifically for the E30, E21, 2002 & 318ti chassis. Easy Installation for those who prefer not to weld in toe and camber adjustment plates.

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by WestCoastEta

    mine are set here, so probably like an inch?

    ok perfect. so it looks like i would be able to close the tire/fender gap without getting rid of the adjusters. thanks man :)
    Last edited by DAN-E30; 04-07-2022, 06:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by iXguido

    Yes that is certainly possible. If the adjusters were removed in the rear with 4" springs the wheel would be rubbing inside the fender.

    As @It's Soda Not Pop said, contact GC when you order and tell them exactly what you want and they will set you up. This is my third coil-over kit I've bought from them and they've been able to get me exactly what I need every time.

    Keep in mind that if you goo that low you will need to weld in camber adjusters in the rear or you will be destroying the insides of your tires.
    I just send GC an email to get all the informations i need.

    Ok i understand. So i don't think i will be removing the adjusters in this case but i will definitely try the lowest setting with adjuster, i will keep a very small gap between the tire and the fender so i won't rub. Weld in camber adjusters are a pain to install? where can i get in case i have to?
    keep in my mind my wheels are 17s so i won't need the same drop to close the gap as if i had 15s

    Leave a comment:


  • WestCoastEta
    replied
    Originally posted by DAN-E30

    one more question for you how low you get in the rear on the 4'' springs with and without the adjusters?
    mine are set here, so probably like an inch?

    Leave a comment:


  • iXguido
    replied
    Originally posted by DAN-E30

    Are you able to lower it to close the gap completley in the rear with the adjusters? and how low it would go without the adjusters on the 4'' springs?
    Yes that is certainly possible. If the adjusters were removed in the rear with 4" springs the wheel would be rubbing inside the fender.

    As @It's Soda Not Pop said, contact GC when you order and tell them exactly what you want and they will set you up. This is my third coil-over kit I've bought from them and they've been able to get me exactly what I need every time.

    Keep in mind that if you goo that low you will need to weld in camber adjusters in the rear or you will be destroying the insides of your tires.

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by WestCoastEta
    I bought the springs directly from Eibach but I imagine GC can probably hook you up with the right one
    one more question for you how low you get in the rear on the 4'' springs with and without the adjusters?

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop
    Here are some other options as well. But like I said GC should be able to help you out.



    https://www.condorspeedshop.com/prod...31568689922094
    yes these are nice for sure but expensive

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by WestCoastEta
    I bought the springs directly from Eibach but I imagine GC can probably hook you up with the right one
    ok perfect i will send them an email for sure, thanks man

    Leave a comment:


  • It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    Here are some other options as well. But like I said GC should be able to help you out.



    Discover the ultimate performance upgrades for your BMW Track car. Parts for the E30, E36, E46, E9x & more. Condor has the best quality American-made engine mounts, suspension bushings, brake lines & more!

    Leave a comment:


  • WestCoastEta
    replied
    I bought the springs directly from Eibach but I imagine GC can probably hook you up with the right one

    Leave a comment:


  • It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    Originally posted by DAN-E30

    Do you know the model of the Swift rear springs that would work?
    Unfortunately I do not, But you can email GC and they should be able to help you get it sorted. I believe they will use different springs, or whatever works in your favor. You may have to go with a true coilover in the rear.

    Leave a comment:

Working...