Early model E30 lowest lowering rear springs???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by iXguido
    I'm running the GC kit as well and I believe I'm on 4" rear springs with room to go lower like WestCoastEta said.
    Sitting on 205/50-15s and the front housings are stock length on 6" springs with room to drop as well.

    Are you able to lower it to close the gap completley in the rear with the adjusters? and how low it would go without the adjusters on the 4'' springs?

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by WestCoastEta
    I'm running 4" Eibachs in the rear with GC conversion kit adjusters. There's still a little room to go lower.



    The rear GC perches use 2.25 ID springs.

    (Front strut housings were also shortened 2")
    ok so when i order the GC conversion kit i should ask for the 4'' Eibachs to be able to go as low as i want? because i beleive they put 5.5'' on their website, i didn't know the lenght of the spring is customizable

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    replied
    Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop
    I use the GC coilovers. But I also have a late model. Maybe Swift springs would work.
    (I also need to lower my front. so if you look at pics don't judge to hard)
    Do you know the model of the Swift rear springs that would work?

    Leave a comment:


  • iXguido
    replied
    I'm running the GC kit as well and I believe I'm on 4" rear springs with room to go lower like WestCoastEta said.
    Sitting on 205/50-15s and the front housings are stock length on 6" springs with room to drop as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • WestCoastEta
    replied
    I'm running 4" Eibachs in the rear with GC conversion kit adjusters. There's still a little room to go lower.



    The rear GC perches use 2.25 ID springs.

    (Front strut housings were also shortened 2")

    Leave a comment:


  • It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    I use the GC coilovers. But I also have a late model. Maybe Swift springs would work.
    (I also need to lower my front. so if you look at pics don't judge to hard)

    Leave a comment:


  • DAN-E30
    started a topic Early model E30 lowest lowering rear springs???

    Early model E30 lowest lowering rear springs???

    Hey guys i have an early model coupe e30 1985 and im struggeling to find the right lowering springs to match them with my short koni's sport in the rear. I have 17x10 wheels in the rear and i want to close the wheel fender gap. I would appreciate it if you can list for me all the rear spring models that i should consider with specs (lenght, diameter etc...)? a 5'' (2.5'' diameter) is low enough for a high arch E30? The early model E30 is a real pain in the ass to lower it because of it's high rear arch compared to the late models

    im considering the GC coilover conversion kit showing on the picture and i was wondering how low they can get without running the adjusters in the rear?
Working...