BavAuto or H&R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BavAuto or H&R?

Looking at BavAuto Performance Springs and H&R Sport Springs to lower my Touring 1 1/4 inch, reduce roll, but to retain the OE comfort. I plan to run Bilstein b4 shocks and struts and Nitto Neo Gen 205 50 r15. Opinions, experience with these?

To take the mystery out of picking parts for your E30 suspension build, the following are some of the most common applications, with some suggestions for the best parts and settings for that kind of use.

Comment

Brilliant. I was already going to go with offset lollypops, this confirms it. Looks like H&R.

Comment

New snag, are the correct Touring rear shocks the same as for the Convertible? I have found two sets of H&R Sport Springs, H&R 50406 for coupe and sedan, and 50407 for convertible. -1.3" F -1.3" R 50406; and -1.4" F -.75" R 50407. I assume that the less lowering for the 50407 is because they are firmer for greater weight? I do want to do this only once and H&R's website does not have the touring as it was never sold in the US.

Comment

I don't have much information on the touring or what spring rate you would need for the rear. From my experience, the height of the spring is not relative to the rate of the spring. I would look for someone who has corner balanced a touring and a vert, see if the weight distribution looks similar. That may help you make decisions.

What I think may happen if you put a sedan/coupe spring on the rear of a touring is the added weight would cause it to sit lower and the spring would feel softer. How much of either I couldn't speak on.

Comment

I see your point. A clue would be some information on the corner weights of the Touring and the vert. What I don't want is for it to be fine empty and terrible as soon as I put a load in back. I built this car for road trips, after all.

Update:
            I have figured out that the Touring is 80 kg heaver in the rear (50/50!!!) and that even the 4cyl. cars were given the 6cyl suspensions. I will be going for the H&R 50407 (and the OE Bilstein B4 shocks), especially with an m52b28 up front.
            Last edited by benfidar; 04-07-2023, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by benfidar View Post
              I see your point. A clue would be some information on the corner weights of the Touring and the vert. What I don't want is for it to be fine empty and terrible as soon as I put a load in back. I built this car for road trips, after all.

Update:
              I have figured out that the Touring is 80 kg heaver in the rear (50/50!!!) and that even the 4cyl. cars were given the 6cyl suspensions. I will be going for the H&R 50407 (and the OE Bilstein B4 shocks), especially with an m52b28 up front.
              I am glad you figured it out. To handle heavier loads in the back, you could put an airbag in the spring and inflate it as needed. Something like this: https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Sus...t/AL60769.html

I have seen people use footballs in a pinch.

Comment

OP - Both links brought me to pages selling the H&R 50406 ?

Weird to see the BAVAUTO set as BAVAUTO doesn't exist (for a few years now) and Both BAVAUTO and Turner is own by ECS ..

Anyhow - was the links to a different spring set or were they different somehow?

Comment

Just a curve ball for all those H&R Billy’s for life junky’s.

Thoughts in Sachs replacement struts / shocks?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                  X