Spring Pad Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Pad Size

I've gone through the threads and looked online but haven't found an answer yet.

I'm getting ready to install H&R Sport Springs and Koni Adjustables on my 84 ETA with 15" Euroweaves. What's the best front upper spring pad size and rear lower spring pad size to give me an even drop? Realoem shows 3 and 9mm for front and 5, 7.5 and 10mm for the rears. I want to stick with OEM spring pads and not the adjustable ones.

Also post a pic if you have an early model on Sport Springs
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BLACK E.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	10115076
    Attached Files
    sigpic84 325e

This was a tough question for me!
    I actually had to go dig through old forum posts and my build thread pics to figure out what spring pads I used in the rear.

--

Early model with taller rear arches.

No wheel spacers in the "brown car" pictures.
    5mm front & 20mm rear hubcentric/wheelcentric spacers with the "silver car" pics.

H&R Sports w/Billy Sports (1/4 inactive coil cut from front springs)
    E90 Drop Hats (10-15mm drop)
    318i 3mm Front Spring Pads (6mm drop)
    Used the thinnest (5mm) spring pads in the rear (top & bottom) which deleted the bump stop.
    15x7 BBS "Euroweaves" [et-24] w/ Dunlop Direzza dz102 (205/55r15)

Last edited by Panici; 02-26-2024, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5998.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	10115173

Not the setup you were asking about, but good reference of even height imho. This is HR race with drop hats, no front pads, and only one 3.5mm pad on rear pass side to make ride height equal on both sides. I am running 15x7 et7 with 205/50.

From what I understand, you'll want at least a 5mm top and bottom if using drop hats + hr sports, or about 7.5-10 top and bottom if not. For some reason I am not smart enough to understand, a 5mm spring pad doesn't = 5mm higher, it is actually a bit more.. so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by khiobrien2 View Post

Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	10115173

Not the setup you were asking about, but good reference of even height imho. This is HR race with drop hats, no front pads, and only one 3.5mm pad on rear pass side to make ride height equal on both sides. I am running 15x7 et7 with 205/50.

From what I understand, you'll want at least a 5mm top and bottom if using drop hats + hr sports, or about 7.5-10 top and bottom if not. For some reason I am not smart enough to understand, a 5mm spring pad doesn't = 5mm higher, it is actually a bit more.. so keep that in mind.

Views:	73
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	10115181
        Here is the image. Don't know why it didn't work.

Comment

Thank you both for the pics and information. I'm running Dunlop Direzza dz102 (205/55r15) too. I also talked to someone at FCP Euro and he recommended either 3/5 or 9/10 on the spring pads. I ordered the 3mm front and 5mm rear so I'll see how that works.
          Last edited by 808ETA; 02-29-2024, 10:11 PM.
          sigpic84 325e

Comment

Working...
          X