Only the race models seem to be listed.

http://www.koniracing.com/8611.cfm
    It is posted right above our current convo. lol
    -tim
    Originally posted by Jordan
    I like the stance
    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

I don't remember exact length but I THINK from the bottom of the strut housing (not inside) to the top was almost 16".

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Here's a conversation from a different thread with some interesting info:

Originally posted by AutoXinE30 View Post
        From all of my reading and searching....

Koni does not specifically make a top adjustable rear shock for the E30. The ones that GC and TCK use are custom rears for the Mustang (the PN listed above) The "stock" Koni unit produced for the Mustang is supposedly too soft to use on an E30 as it was designed/valved for a Mustang solid axle as opposed to the IRS on the E30 so GC and TCK revalve/rework(don't know how) the Mustang shock for E30 use. Using the top adjustable versions from GC and TCK require the special RSM because it uses a 12mm tube instead of the stock 10mm tube...

That's what I gathered from a night of searching.
        Originally posted by Mucci View Post
        Where did you find this information? interesting...
        Originally posted by AutoXinE30 View Post
        Reading every thread I could find in the search on R3v and E30tech.

I found one fairly old thread that apparently was one of the fellas from GC talking about having used the Mustang shocks but found them to be too soft for the high E30 spring rates so they didn't offer them as an option anymore. Since GC can either actually revalve/adjust their koni's to match the springs I only assume this is what they do for the top adjustables they currently offer. Also the p/n that TCK lists on their website for their E30 top adjustable is the Koni number for the Mustang SA rear shock.

Since the mustang rear shock works, it makes more sense to revalve the mustang shock and create a custom RSM for the larger damper tube then to figure out how to make the "Koni factory" 10mm adjustable from the top instead of having to remove it.

Again though, that's what I gathered from reading tons of different threads and putting the pieces together my self. Nobody has come right out and said this is the "secret".

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
          Ok Mucci. I'm wanting to go to coils and cut out the middle man (GC.) Which inserts do I need to order? With Koni's 25% off, this could be a good deal. I'm looking to go low and still have some damper to sit on. Suggestions? It doesn't look like the "Race" dampers are part of the deal; maybe i'm misreading it.
          It's not necessarily cutting out the middle man from what I've gathered from researching.

GC's versions of the Corrado and Mustang shocks are revalved to better suit our cars.

I imagine the Corrado G60 front shocks are revalved to be stiffer considering the G60 motor is a lighter weight 4cyl compared to our 6.

And from what I've heard, the Mustang rear shocks are also revalved to be stiffer. (Read what I posted above)

As far as I'm concerned, this is all speculation and hearsay so far - not to say it doesn't make sense, because it does. I'm going to call up GC when I get the chance just to clarify a few things before I make any purchases.

It'd also be good to hear from some guys running the Mustang rear shocks to see what they say about the stiffness.

Also, where are you finding Koni's for 25% off? I know NAMotorsports has the G60's "on sale" right now for "42.5% off" however Neuspeed sells them a few bucks cheaper all year long...

Comment

It is posted right above our current convo. lol
            Ooops, not sure how I missed it! What do the 8611 series inserts go for?
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

google search the part numbers.

Comment

So this means Koni sports, made for the E30, are like $515 IIRC.
                Attached Files
                -tim
                I like the stance

Comment

Also, this sparked my interest the other day. Coilovers that use Koni's. They look legit.

End price is $1100. Look like this.

-tim
                  I like the stance

Comment

Hmh, that's a pretty good price, but 40-80mm isn't shit on these cars.

When running shorter shocks you usually drop the perch 40mm (1.5") then have the 55mm (2.25in) of adjustability beyond that with the actual coilover.

Comment

That's what LedJetta has on his car. You've seen it in person, so be the judge if it was low enough. Where he is at is plenty low for me.
                      -tim
                      I like the stance

Comment

That's what LedJetta has on his car. You've seen it in person, so be the judge if it was low enough. Where he is at is plenty low for me.
                        Really? Hmh why did I think he was running a different setup...
                        If that's the case then that's a good deal.

Doesn't make sense though. He's definitley lower then 80mm from stock.

Comment

The only thing that concerns me is the unknown spring rates. Also I found some very helpful info on ECS's site.

"Please Note: Lowering specs is used for DOT approval legalities typically FK systems can go lower than what is spec'd."
                          -tim
                          I like the stance

Comment

Ahh that makes sense. Looks like the whole system is about 80mm shorter hah.

Comment

Some pictures for the people that want to see the rear adjustable Konis I ordered in for TCK for my install and what can be seen as far as modifications go...

Only thing I can physically see is the weld in the shaft. It's at the perfect height to install the strut mount at the proper position.

Edit - Also with 600lb rear springs set to full soft the ride is bouncy, set about 2 full turns front full stiff gives quite a pleasant ride overall. I'm not sure people using high rear rates would be able to use these shocks without having them revalved.

Comment

How much? And are those top adjustable?

Comment

Working...
                                X