Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
    This is why Richard reacted the way he did. The manufactuer of Richard's hats are legit and stand alone. Richard himself may have been ripped off. What Richard sells are not the E90 spring hats. You purchased something. Ultimately, it's your fault for not finding out there was something cheaper. I recently ordered an "IS" lip from Tischer. Heard good things about prices and service. Paid $190 some odd shipped. Then, BavAuto put them on sale for $122. Did I go and bitch about Tischer ripping me off because BavAuto put them on sale?

C'mon, use your noodle. I have Richard's product and they are different than the E90 spring hat. As Richard stated, the difference is height.
    Who asked you?

RIchard came through in earlier posts and said that IF, and only IF, it is verified that E90 hats are the same as those hats that he is selling, he would unload the rest of his inventory on ebay or at cost.

I am one of those ebay 'unsuspecting' buyers, that happens to be on R3V, and happens to have paid for them, but they haven't shipped. All I asked was that he does the right thing, hold off shipping for a few days while all this dust clears, so he isn't knowingly still making a profit off me knowing that I could be getting E90 hats down the street for $25 bucks. Last thing I wanna do is recieve them, find out that they are IN FACT E90 hats, and I feel choked enough that I exercise his advertised satisfaction guarantee - and return them. I want to make this deal work in a way that's fair for both Richard and I.

NOW that it's mostly clear that his hats aren't E90s, (yes, a bit of misunderstanding on my part too), I am happy about my purchase of $180 for two sets, to Canada. Good deal.

Richard, thank you. I look forward to recieving them.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
      Who asked you?

RIchard came through in earlier posts and said that IF, and only IF, it is verified that E90 hats are the same as those hats that he is selling, he would unload the rest of his inventory on ebay or at cost.

I am one of those ebay 'unsuspecting' buyers, that happens to be on R3V, and happens to have paid for them, but they haven't shipped. All I asked was that he does the right thing, hold off shipping for a few days while all this dust clears, so he isn't knowingly still making a profit off me knowing that I could be getting E90 hats down the street for $25 bucks. Last thing I wanna do is recieve them, find out that they are IN FACT E90 hats, and I feel choked enough that I exercise his advertised satisfaction guarantee - and return them. I want to make this deal work in a way that's fair for both Richard and I.

NOW that it's mostly clear that his hats aren't E90s, (yes, a bit of misunderstanding on my part too), I am happy about my purchase of $180 for two sets, to Canada. Good deal.

Even if he is selling E90 hats the price does not matter. You bought them, end of story.

Comment

Richard's are from the motherland. :) Note the GmbH.
        -tim
        Originally posted by Jordan
        I like the stance
        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Who asked you?

Who cares where these came from and how much he paid for them, you agreed to buy them at a set price, you paid the money, so just chill..... Its kind of like buying some stock and them complaining you want your money back when the price drops.

On a side note I bought a set of these things for $100. I could not be happier, shipping was super fast and they worked perfect. I would have rather paid less for them but I still feel it was a fair price. Even if they were E92 hats for $25 (which it doesn't sound like they are) What's wrong with someone making a bit of money because they know something we all don't.

More power to ya Richard...........

070 by wonderwilley, on Flickr

Comment

Who asked you?

See, and Canadians wonder why they get made fun of.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

See, and Canadians wonder why they get made fun of.
              Why is that, Americans are fine with the thought of being ripped off?

Don't even start. Your dollar is in the sewer right now. Your state needs the loonie.

Comment

i bought a set and think that it costs a bit much for the 15mm drop, but i still chose to get a set and im glad i did. these are made specifically for our cars, not some e90 find. if you have a set you will know that they aren't OE products because of how overkill the thickness of the material is.

Richard, eventually this will blow over and even if the e90 hats fit, people who want more of a drop are still gonna need your hats. if you can get your costs down a bit that will help your sales alot too.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Why is that, Americans are fine with the thought of being ripped off?

Don't even start. Your dollar is in the sewer right now. Your state needs the loonie.
                  Alright, Maple-Leaf.

How did you get "ripped off"? You didn't do your research. You saw 15mm drop hats. You clicked the purchase button. Did Richard claim to be the cheapest 15mm drop hat? Did Richard tell you it was an original design? Did Richard say anything false about his product?

Mm, how's that foot taste?

As for America... Fuck yeah, buddy. You should be thanking us for being between Canada and Mexico. Next?
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Alright, Maple-Leaf.

How did you get "ripped off"? You didn't do your research. You saw 15mm drop hats. You clicked the purchase button. Did Richard claim to be the cheapest 15mm drop hat? Did Richard tell you it was an original design? Did Richard say anything false about his product?

Mm, how's that foot taste?

As for America... Fuck yeah, buddy. You should be thanking us for being between Canada and Mexico. Next?
                    Who gave YOU a map?

I say again: let's hypothesize that Richard really was selling E90 hats, I am onboard with RIchard capitalizing on this bit of exclusive knowledge, making some money off it - until it's in the open, at which point I expect him to be straight up about it on all future ebay or R3V transactions, and that his pricing would reflect the fact that they are rebadged E90 hats. I was that transaction. The hats that I bought from him had not shipped at the time of my original post, and I wanted this fuck-up to clear before Richard ships. I didn't tell Richard to refund me, I didn't say give me a better deal, I said to hold off. He can insist on shipping, but I can also insist on returning them once they showed up on my doorstep. I was trying to avoid that.

I say again: I am now clear on what Richard is selling - custom E30 15mm hats. Good on him for putting these hats together. I am committed to buying them, and keeping them. So, get the fuck outta here, Captain America. Go rant about me in the "why you hate Canadians" thread, or practice more hockey.

Comment

even if they were e90 hats and everybody knew, he could still sell them for $100 and you could still go to the dealership and by them for $25. just sayin.
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

or practice more hockey.
                        Burn.

Comment

Everyone, please keep in mind that I am here to make friends and not enemies. I'm not here to hurt anyone's business, whether its a hobby or their main source of income.

OK....The moment you all have been waiting for! Some people are going to be happy and some people are going to be upset and most people won't even care...but here it goes.

I went to the dealer today and picked up my E90 strut hats. They are stamped aluminum pieces, not steel. I tore apart an E30 strut I had laying around and pulled off the rubber mount and the spring hat.

While the method I used to measure isn't perfect, it is close within a couple millimeters. The E30 spring hat has it's rubber mount on there that is about 2mm thick. I didn't have a rubber mount on the E90 spring hat. The camera angle makes dimensions appear smaller or larger than they are, but I did my very best to make sure the rubber mounts were planted level on the spring hats. The clamps didn't bend anything, they only held the parts vertical so I could get a picture from the top.

1. The E90 hats and the E30 spring hats fit the same springs.

2. The best I can tell is that using the E90 hats without rubber spring pad would give you about a 13mm to 14mm drop from the stock hats. At a minimum, the E90 hats SHOULD give a 10mm drop even if you use the rubber spring pads.

3. List price for the pair is $24.64 from my dealer.

4. This is just information. I'm not responsible for what happens if you buy these or try them out. :mrgreen:

Comment

Sweet man... ill be going to the dealer and picking up a pair of these puppies tomorrow....
                            Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

Oh snap! Feel sorry for everyone that dropped $100 on $24 OEM mounts.

Comment

i guess its good and bad. mine obvi drop it more. but those do the trick and are a dif option. with my drop hats and the stock washer the drop hat is just barely touching the strut mount. if you keep the rubber spring pad in mine it will lower if 15mm. if you take it out its a little more. i'm happy with those results. i wish i had that tool so i could do that with mine to show but people who have installed them know that its just barely touching.

Comment

Working...
                                X