IE stage 3 springs or H&R Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE stage 3 springs or H&R Springs

I am debating on either one, is there anyone on here who has driven in both setups? I know the H&R's kick ass...

Thanks

Re: IE stage 3 springs or H&R Springs

Originally posted by 88325is
    I am debating on either one, is there anyone on here who has driven in both setups? I know the H&R's kick ass...

Thanks
    There are 3 flavors of H&Rs for the E30. OEM Sport, Sport and Race. I'm assuming you were refering to their race spings? Those are nearly identical to the IE Stage 3s.....only the latter is more affordable.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

If you are talking about H&R Race against IE Stg. III,.... they are the same. H&R Sport vs. IE, well IE's are a bit stiffer and a little bit lower, it depends on what you are going for.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I was comparing the sports with the IE stage 3s. I am gonna check out the thread on how the cars look with the suspension setup.

Comment

I rode in Aarons S52 powered Cabrio, some of you probably know him. his car was amazing, he has H&R Sports and Bilstein sports along with poly bushing and god damn did that thing handle well. It stuck like glue, and still felt very comfortable going over bumps in the road. I am probably going to go with that combo since alot of people have it and like it alot.

Comment

Does anyone have pics of a car with H&R Sports on Bilstein Sports? Preferably early-model with the higher rear arches?

Comment

The IEs are pretty low. I just swapped out my RD suspension for the IEs because the RD one was bottoming out when I accelerated. Im gonna have to put my spring pads back in to raise it back up a bit.

They are sitiffer but honestly it doesnt really translate to ride that much. I cant tell a huge difference in ride but when I unhooked the swaybar and did a back to back bodyroll test it was halved with the IE springs.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

I think Im gonna get IE stg 3 with Koni adjustable shocks... is this a nice set up... not too harsh. Can you take people in the car on a long road trip and not have them complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by propcar
                  I think Im gonna get IE stg 3 with Koni adjustable shocks... is this a nice set up... not too harsh. Can you take people in the car on a long road trip and not have them complaining?
                  With full soft on the Konis, I had a tough time telling the difference from stock. However, I recently adjusted the setup for full stiff, and this feels like race-car-you-will-feel-every-bump type of suspension (the lack of more roll is nice too ;)).
                  The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
                    With full soft on the Konis, I had a tough time telling the difference from stock. However, I recently adjusted the setup for full stiff, and this feels like race-car-you-will-feel-every-bump type of suspension (the lack of more roll is nice too ;)).

sweet... thats what I like too hear!!! :D thanks for the review :D I am defenitely getting this set up now :) with my RS's it will look nice :) are you running spring pads or not?

Comment

I read some where that the Konis don't hold up for autox, is that true or just personal opinions :?:
                      bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Originally posted by Herb
                        I read some where that the Konis don't hold up for autox, is that true or just personal opinions :?:
                        I dont see why they wouldnt... theyre some of the finest (affordable) shocks on the planet... and they are design is very dedicated towards motorsport influence and auto-x doesnt put that much stress as to blow koni's I dont think.

Comment

Ask me after March 6th...
                          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Randy has run KONI up front for as long as I can remember, autox is his cars purpose in life. He also runs Ranchos in the rear IIRC.
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
                              Bloody hell. I'm getting closer and closer to chucking this GC setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X