IE stage 3 springs or H&R Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Well as often as youd change them just keep the old springs and swap them back in for winter. Now that I have pratice and the proper tools its like a 3.5 hour job easy.
    I was thinking about doing that. I just don't want the ass to hang as low as most people have their's sitting, I go on a lot of road trips and don't want to drive on bumps stops for 600 kms. Will stacking pads give me the same effect? Is there a limit to how much I can stack? I don't want the rear tires to hide into the fenders, want about a centimeter between the tire and fender front and rear when looking from the side. It's a DD so I don't want to be scraping shit on every bump.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

bump stops?

I have the IE kit now and its indistinguishable from the RD kit on the highway, we dont have the shittiest highways in the US though. I dont hit bump stops because the Bilsteins are valved for the low-low prices.... I mean springs.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
        bump stops?

I have the IE kit now and its indistinguishable from the RD kit on the highway, we dont have the shittiest highways in the US though. I dont hit bump stops because the Bilsteins are valved for the low-low prices.... I mean springs.
        Did the IE springs change your stance much? How much stiffer are they than the RD's? You happy with them?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
          I was thinking about doing that. I just don't want the ass to hang as low as most people have their's sitting, I go on a lot of road trips and don't want to drive on bumps stops for 600 kms. Will stacking pads give me the same effect? Is there a limit to how much I can stack? I don't want the rear tires to hide into the fenders, want about a centimeter between the tire and fender front and rear when looking from the side. It's a DD so I don't want to be scraping shit on every bump.
          With most springs 10mm pads on each side will lift it quite a bit (more than 10mm thanks to the geometry). I have a set on my car, I just about have positive rear camber.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            Did the IE springs change your stance much? How much stiffer are they than the RD's? You happy with them?
            Yes, so much in fact I plan on putting the rear pads back in to level it out.
            Before (w/RDs):

After:

You late model guys would definately be tucking tire.

They are stiffer, bodyroll was halved. They dont ride a LOT different until you hit the BIG holes, then you notice.

So far I am happy with them. My RDs were bottoming out (as you noticed) when I was flooring it when I got traction. Despite these being lower in the back they dont bottom out or rub. The build quality of the spring isnt quite up to the RD ones but then again you are talking about an often high priced company. The edges are rougher so I am afraid the rears might cut through the spring pads over time.

Hour and a half for me for just springs.
            Im not really into working HARD. :P I also used to need a spring compressor but now the IEs are so small uncompressed they are loose enough that you can safely remove the hat without killing yourself.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

OK, it sounds good. By the bump stops, I mean when 3 of my friends and I were going to montreal, I only have an inch of rear suspension travel. We had 4 boards on the roof (borrowed parent's roof box) and a trunk full of gear. Everything was ok until I hit Quebec, then all hell broke loose. The road there sucks. Can IE's be used with Koni's? Or are Bilstein's more than good enough for them? What better (bang for buck)? I need to take a few rides in E30's with aftermarket suspension to find a comfort zone.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
                Does anyone have pics of a car with H&R Sports on Bilstein Sports? Preferably early-model with the higher rear arches?
                yep

98 M3/4/5

Comment

Awesome, thanks Drew.

Comment

Drew, I always bite my tongue, but I can't help it. That is my favourite early bumper car, ever. Sorry. :oops:

Comment

A real beaut, no doubt.

Comment

I'm looking at doing the Konis with the IEs. Is this gonna slam my car to where I am gonna be bottoming out? Am I gonna not be able to have people ride in my backseat (rarely do, but I'm curious)? The Koni-IE setup I've seen on a late model car is slammede30's car and it is a 4 door and black witch makes it kinda hard to tell with the tires being black and all. Anyone got any pics of a late model car with Koni-IE?
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, the front isnt lower than my RD but still stiffer so I dont see the front bottoming out. As for the rear, well, with an S50 and 245s I can give you whiplash but I cant bottom out. You should do fine.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you think the tires will tuck up into the rear wheel wells at all? I don't really want that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mystikal

sent you a pm....
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
                              X