anyone make 10mm lowering spring hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone make 10mm lowering spring hats

ive completed the 5lug conversion with the e36 tidbits, but my front ride height is a little too high. about 1/2" highter that before. does anyone make the lowering spring hats for the e36m3? bmp used to have them....but i cant find them anymore. thanks in advance. jason

i want some for my e30 app too
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I dont know about E36s, but Bonrath makes 10mm drop caps for E30s.
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

IIRC ireland made they, i'm not sure on this so look around, but i know bonrath makes them.

Comment

bekkers carries supersport24.de's spring hats that they claim to lower by 10-20mm, they're $59.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm currently using e36m3 spring hats (with e36m3 bilsteins and e30 h&r springs.) Spring diameter on the two is the same, but spring height / spring hat offsets are different. The stock e30 spring hats have a 23mm offset (spring sits 23mm past the mounting washer)....anyone know the stock offset on the e36m3 spring hat? Is the spring hat different on the 95 vs the 96+? Thanks in advance. Jason

Comment

If you're using the e30 springs wouldn't you be able to get away with using the e30 strut mount and spring hat?

Comment

Originally posted by NickP
                If you're using the e30 springs wouldn't you be able to get away with using the e30 strut mount and spring hat?
                yes, you can use the e30 spring hat and bearing, but you will be forced to use camber plates. camber plates usually add another 1/4" - 3/8" height. I built-in the caster by modifying the e36m3 bearing cap. (ground off the studs, redrilled, tacked on new studs....see 5 lug write up.) If my memory serves me correctly, the e36m3 spring hat has a greater offset (for lower ride height) than the e30. If thats true, the e30 spring hat would add ride height. Unfortunately, i never measured offset height on the e36m3 spring hat before i installed it. So I need to know what the oe e36m3 spring hat offset is to compare with the oe and reduced ride height spring hat. Overall im looking to loose 1/2-3/4" ride height. Cheers, Jason

Comment

who or what is bonrath
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason89i
                    yes, you can use the e30 spring hat and bearing, but you will be forced to use camber plates. camber plates usually add another 1/4" - 3/8" height.
                    The GC and IE (the more expensive IE ones) plates will actually lower your front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                      Originally posted by Jason89i
                      yes, you can use the e30 spring hat and bearing, but you will be forced to use camber plates. camber plates usually add another 1/4" - 3/8" height.
                      The GC and IE (the more expensive IE ones) plates will actually lower your front end.
                      for use with coil over suspensions ;)

Comment

Small detail. :oops:

Hope I didnt get any hopes up.

Comment

any website i can look for these at

Comment

yes they exist but they are garbage.. buy different springs if you want to lower your car more or camber plates as mentioned above. TJ had the 10mm hats on his car and I bought a set to experiment with but I ended up selling them for $25...
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                            X