m3 springs into a 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m3 springs into a 325is

Would putting stock m3 springs and shocks into a 325is be beneficial? also how much would this cost?
    '87 alpine white 325is

If memory serves me right..................

I've heard of using the M3 springs, but not using the shocks to go with it, or maybe it was just assumed whenever I was talking about it.

Either way, you can acquire used M3 springs for around $50 for the whole set.
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Lower's a 325i about an inch or so, isn't stiff enough for the weight of a 325i. It's not worth the effort or the money.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I disagree. My last car was a '87 325e and I had M3 springs installed that I bought for $70 when I had new shocks, Bilstein HD's, installed. I then upgraded the anti-swaybars with a 21mm front(325ic) and a 14.5mm(m3) rear. The front bar had BMP poly bushes. The springs dropped the car just enough to get rid of the 4X4 look. And no, it doesn't handle as good as my current car with true lowering springs and Bilstein sports........ But I did autocross with the M3 springs and my first time ever I was 21st out of 50 cars in rear drive street tire. Yes, I know I technically was cheating with the M3 springs but I also had all-season tires when everyone else had Falken Azenias or whatever they are called. Anyway, if you want a two inch drop and track rat handling, no the M3 springs will come up short. But if you get them cheap and need new shocks anyway, I think they are nice for a daily driver.

Comment

I have a set with Bilstein Sports & the car is lower & handles great. They were a perfect compromise for me.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
            I have a set with Bilstein Sports & the car is lower & handles great. They were a perfect compromise for me.
            Wait until you drive an E30 with real springs and you will see what I am talking about.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I bought a set of M3 springs as well. They're not installed yet, I need to pick up a set of shocks. I've been trying to read up on what shocks are the correct ones to use, HDs or Sports. M3 springs don't lower the car as much as any aftermarket spring, but can Sports be used without any negative consequences? There seems to be some controversy over which ones to use...

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                Wait until you drive an E30 with real springs and you will see what I am talking about.
                I have a real BMW, with real springs, an e46 M3 in L.A. I would rather drive it off a cliff than bring it here

As I have said before this car is solely for driving to and from the beach and around town with the top down. I have also said repeatedly the roads here are terrible and I needed a compromise, something more firm than 15 year old stock but not too firm.

M3 springs and Bilstein Touring are perfect for a place where the potholes that are smaller than a hubcap are considered small and there are more speedbumps than people.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Scott314
                  I bought a set of M3 springs as well. They're not installed yet, I need to pick up a set of shocks. I've been trying to read up on what shocks are the correct ones to use, HDs or Sports. M3 springs don't lower the car as much as any aftermarket spring, but can Sports be used without any negative consequences? There seems to be some controversy over which ones to use...
                  Either will work fine. But you might want to get Sports to keep your options open for real lowering springs later on when you get tired of the M3 springs.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                    Originally posted by Scott314
                    Either will work fine. But you might want to get Sports to keep your options open for real lowering springs later on when you get tired of the M3 springs.
                    Ok, cool. Thats good to know. I think opting for Sports would be the smarter option...

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

Working...
                    X