BMW Blisteins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Blisteins?

there are some bilsteins on ebay and the seller says the only markings are bmw and bilstein. Anyone know anything about these?

Yes Bilstein M-techs found on some IS models. I'm running a pair on my car, Rears work great with lower springs, but the front's bottom out easy.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

what distinguishes them from regular old shocks Ely?
      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        what distinguishes them from regular old shocks Ely?
        They cost more. Because it says BMW on them.

Comment

Well made by bilstein instead of boge, little different valving, and the front strut shafts are the same or close to the same diameter of the sports. From what I can gather ussualy the 87 is's got them, my 87 325is parts car had them, where as my 88 325is didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
            Well made by bilstein instead of boge, little different valving, and the front strut shafts are the same or close to the same diameter of the sports. From what I can gather ussualy the 87 is's got them, my 87 325is parts car had them, where as my 88 325is didn't.
            They were on the 87 325es I sold recently.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
              there are some bilsteins on ebay and the seller says the only markings are bmw and bilstein. Anyone know anything about these?
              They are basically used stock shocks...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

i meant physically. Are they yellow or something?
                BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  i meant physically. Are they yellow or something?
                  The ones I have seen are.
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

gotcha, cause i've seen OEM shit that is black, blue, and red. oh well.
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Yep mine are yellow, they have both BMW and the Bilstein logos stamped on them, I think it was something special tried in 87.

Comment

Hmm.. I had a local BMW mechanic go through my 87 325i 4dr this past weekend. He said that I have Bilstiens all the way around the car and he thought that the front 2 were sports since the shafts were so big.

He thought maybe my car was end of the assembly line misfit because he also couldn't figure out why my car (which was originally an automatic) came with a 3.73 LSD. He said it looked as if someone had done alot of tinkering with the car or BMW may have put those parts on because 87 was a strange year of transition for E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                          He thought maybe my car was end of the assembly line misfit because he also couldn't figure out why my car (which was originally an automatic) came with a 3.73 LSD.
                          For the first year or so of automatic 325i's, they came with 3.73 diffs. Then, LSD was a ~$50 option.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
                            Hmm.. I had a local BMW mechanic go through my 87 325i 4dr this past weekend. He said that I have Bilstiens all the way around the car and he thought that the front 2 were sports since the shafts were so big.

He thought maybe my car was end of the assembly line misfit because he also couldn't figure out why my car (which was originally an automatic) came with a 3.73 LSD. He said it looked as if someone had done alot of tinkering with the car or BMW may have put those parts on because 87 was a strange year of transition for E30s.
                            LSD was an option on automatics, and 3.73's came standard on automatics until 89 or 90 when they went to 4.10's.

EDIT: Damn you Jarvis!!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I thought that I had read somewhere that they were a factory option on the 325i. When I told the guy that look at my car that it has a LSD he almost didn't believe me until he turned the wheels when he had it up on the lift.

Comment

Working...
                              X