No announcement yet.

BMW Blisteins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More then likely it has the Bilstein M-techs on it then. The shafts are almost as big as the sports but not quite. I ordered sport gland nuts from bilstein hoping they would work but they were to big, luckily Jordan had a used pair from his car he sold me.
    Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
    Hmm.. I had a local BMW mechanic go through my 87 325i 4dr this past weekend. He said that I have Bilstiens all the way around the car and he thought that the front 2 were sports since the shafts were so big.

He thought maybe my car was end of the assembly line misfit because he also couldn't figure out why my car (which was originally an automatic) came with a 3.73 LSD. He said it looked as if someone had done alot of tinkering with the car or BMW may have put those parts on because 87 was a strange year of transition for E30s.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Are my Bilstien M-Techs worth keeping or do they wear out like the Boge?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin Kid
        Are my Bilstien M-Techs worth keeping or do they wear out like the Boge?
        Every shock wears out. Even though they are Bilsteins they are just like any other stock shock.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ditto what TJ said, they will wear out, If they arn't shot, and you are just daily driving the car leave them in, but if you plan to lower you might as well stick sports, koni's or what ever in. Once my fronts go I'm going to put in koni adjustables up front, but probally still leave the m-techs in the rear.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

My 1987 325is came stock with these Bilstein / BMW stamped shocks as well...

Comment

Working...
            X