shocks/springs for non-racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocks/springs for non-racers

If I do something wrong in the forum, chalk it off to being a newbie. IN any case, I have an 87 325ic and I, like many other folks, prefer the look of the lowered car. I am about to do struts and am looking for advice on:

Lowering springs that are not racing and can I assume those are cheaper?

Struts for non-racers?

Is there a combo that is best?

I am also considering getting 16" wheels, is that a factor?

NOTE: I do not put that many miles on the car each year and it is fairly common, smooth asphault that I drive on.

Thanks in advance!

H&R sport or similar, bistlien sports or HD sound good for you. not sure if they make the H&R O.E. sport for cabbies but it's supposed to lower about 1" with close to the same rates as stock.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

H&R Sport springs with Bilstein Sport springs would be a good match. The springs are around $200 and the shocks around $350.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        H&R Sport springs with Bilstein Sport springs would be a good match. The springs are around $200 and the shocks around $350.
        yes

very comfortable street ride. lowered nicely.

Comment

I am selling a pair of bav auto springs for $150 because I am getting GC coilovers. They are good for a dd or an auto-x car. check out http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=61090 if you are interested.
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Working...
          X