Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom E30 suspension, this looks awesome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom E30 suspension, this looks awesome!!!

So I stumbled upon this listing on ebay. basically this guy modifies the e30 knuckle so that you "Clamp" on a strut like how alot of BMWs and other cars are instead of dropping the strut into the tube and securing it with the collar nut on top. So with this you could literally run any length strut from any car just as long as it is the right diameter. this would solve ALOT of problem for us guys looking for a good and reasonably priced front strut. does it look sketchy or legit????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-Susp...c91f7a&vxp=mtr
    '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
    '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
    '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
    '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Looks like an interesting idea but don't most newer bmw's bolt to the spindle like these e36 coilovers..

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I know at least the e39 works like the suspension shown in the OP.
      1991 318iS
      1992 911
      2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
      1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
      1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

Whoa. That's a biggie for us e30 guys. And am I reading that right? Swappable spindles?
        Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
          Looks like an interesting idea but don't most newer bmw's bolt to the spindle like these e36 coilovers..

No.

And this is a completely silly idea.
          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseN View Post
            I know at least the e39 works like the suspension shown in the OP.
            Looks like its geared towards e46 suspension, which is in fact not the same style as an e36. My mistake.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

This would be a bad way to lower your car...since the tie rod/control arm mounting points go up along with the spindle. It doesn't correct for geometry. The best way to lower the car would probably be the way ground control does it by chopping and rewelding.
              (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
              1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

[QUOTE=noE30;3670889]Looks like an interesting idea but don't most newer bmw's bolt to the spindle like these e36 coilovers..[QUOTE]
                Yea I meant like e46 and e39 "newer" lol

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                Whoa. That's a biggie for us e30 guys. And am I reading that right? Swappable spindles?
                yea the guy has another listing for the adapter kit to run 5 lug spindles.
                '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.

Comment

What's so bad about the pnp Koni yellows and Bilsteins? An equivalent E46 strut isn't any cheaper..

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

549.00 then you have to buy e46 inserts...explain how that is cheaper than proper Koni SA with shortened housings?

They are 400.00 for the pair shipped to my door. You can convert to plain old e36 front and ti/z3 rear hubs for less than 400. Ebay guy fails hard.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

well you would be paying $400 for konis up front and you have to buy rear shocks plus another $400 for ground control sleeves and springs then you have to do the shortening of the housings and welding the perches and all that good stuff. with this you would technically be able to go and buy e46 coilovers which have the threads integrated to the outside of the shock for the adjuster. and e46 coil overs go for $400 all day for everything including shocks. so it would actually be a little cheaper and with no fabrication up front.

Comment

Looks like a neat idea. But, it doesn't cost that much to modify E30 housings. I guess it opens up some more opportunities.

$400 E46 coilovers are going to be typical Ebay garbage. You can get $400 Chinese coilovers for the E30 already if all you want is looks.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I know a million e36 and e46 guys who have been on racelands for years with no problems what so ever, they are $400 and with a 2 year warranty on the shocks. And they dont hassle you if you trouble with the shock, they send you new ones and it comes with a prepaid return box. you cant beat that.

And yes WE NEED OPTIONS, I just blew my 2nd set of shocks and im only on H&R sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWerke View Post
                            I know a million e36 and e46 guys who have been on racelands for years with no problems what so ever, they are $400 and with a 2 year warranty on the shocks. And they dont hassle you if you trouble with the shock, they send you new ones and it comes with a prepaid return box. you cant beat that.

And yes WE NEED OPTIONS, I just blew my 2nd set of shocks and im only on H&R sports.
                            Dude, racelands ride like absolute trash. It feels like a civic with stiff lowering springs on blown shocks. Bouncy and harsh. Now there are some decent $500 coilovers that have some pretty good reviews, which I plan to get for mine if I don't sell it.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                            Originally posted by scabzzzz
                            I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                            1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                            2002 325i - DD
                            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by BMWerke View Post

And yes WE NEED OPTIONS, I just blew my 2nd set of shocks because i'm on H&R sports which are 13% stiffer than a ball point pen spring.

Ftfy.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X