Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any input on how to increase suspension travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigredguy View Post
    I plan on sectioning 2 inches out of the strut. So with 2 inches out, and a 6 inch spring would I sit any lower than I am now? I have a thread or 2 on here, or pictures on my instagram for reference.

I do get it, I will be sectioning my struts, and when I am talking about a shorter spring, it is to run on the shortened struts.
    Shorten with Corrado G60 bilstien sport inserts. They are smaller and will retain better suspension travel for you. I think they are about 3.75 inches shorter. there was a thread somewhere here about it. This thread shows the difference in height

I think they are about $135 each?

Comment

Pm chriskbmx he is selling his set of shortened housings and ix Billy's that he just had done here then you can just swap them onto your car
      Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
      Bimmerbuddies LLC
      717-388-1256
      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
      bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

thanks for all the help. I will be going with a 2 inch section struts with a G60 insert. Just curious about the insert, does it have the same shaft diameter as the JOM shocks would, because I will still be using those gland nuts as well as the JOM adjuster. I believe the JOM shaft diameter was the same as stock if that helps.

Also, with 2 inches sectioned and a 6 inch 500 pound spring rate will the car be quite low? I already am low, but wish to go lower and gain more travel. And is a 500 pound spring rate acceptable for the front for street driving. If I knew the spring rates of the current springs I could compare, but I have no clue.

Also, I posted in the middle about adding more rear camber but havent gotten an answer. Is there a way to add more camber in the rear? All of the kits I have seen are for camber correction, and they say they can correct camber, but can they also add camber? I am just looking to add -1 or -2 degrees.

Oh and any suggestions to where I could get a set of top hats for the 2.5 ID springs for the front?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Bilstein uses an inverted strut, so no the JOM gland nut will not fit. You can maybe bore it out with a dremel or something, idk.

I can send you a set of top hats, I'll get a price for you tomorrow.
          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
            Bilstein uses an inverted strut, so no the JOM gland nut will not fit. You can maybe bore it out with a dremel or something, idk.

I can send you a set of top hats, I'll get a price for you tomorrow.
            Ok, thanks for that. Not 100 percent sure what an inverted strut is, but is there any shocks out there that would work with the JOM gland nut? So far from my research I have heard that theres a few options for shorter shock bodies:

1. Koni SA shocks for a Corrado G60, but I have also heard they are not shorter
            2. Bilstein HDs for the e30 ix.

And I know I have heard of others, but I cannot think of them off of the top of my head. I have already contacted GC about splitting up the front kit and they said they wont do it, but maybe I will call them and ask them about the shocks for the front and try and get a part number for the short body konis they use and get some more information.

And I am still looking for a way to add a little camber in the rear. Any opinions welcome on this.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Working...
            X