Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to adjust your koni yellows for dummies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to adjust your koni yellows for dummies.

Have you shock fully compressed.

Manually pull up the shock and identify the plastic ring.
    Remove the plastic ring

With a wire coat hanger, thin welding rod or similar, poke through the access holes to loosen the bumpstop within the assembly.

Remove the rubber bumpstop

Compress the shock once again. Turn and you will feel a "click" or a "notched" feeling.
    This means the adjuster valve has been activated.

Twist the assembly to your desired rebound stiffness. For me, it us aproximately 5.25 turns from soft to hard.

Once your desired stiffness is achieved pull up about 1", as this will lock the adjustment in place.

Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Dear God why can't it be as easy as the fronts? I'm now in much less of a hurry to get rear Konis to match my fronts. I'm sure the Bilsteins in the rear will be fine for now.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

top adjustable, just turn the knob
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
        Dear God why can't it be as easy as the fronts? I'm now in much less of a hurry to get rear Konis to match my fronts. I'm sure the Bilsteins in the rear will be fine for now.
        oh my koni fronts are just like the rears.

when ordering your Koni's....MAKE SURE you get the externally adjustable ones...
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

OH ok good haha I was concerned.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

whats the p/n for the top adjusting ones?
            1991 318is ---230K - DD
            1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
            so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

I also wish my rears were externally adjustable like the fronts. I wanted to add a quarter-turn or so to them last time I was under there, but couldn't feel the click and just left them as-was.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

And I thought my adjuster being at the TA was a pain. LOL. So you have to fully compress those shocks to adjust them?
                -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                  And I thought my adjuster being at the TA was a pain. LOL. So you have to fully compress those shocks to adjust them?

Yes, after you remove the bumpstop. This makes it so you actually have to remove the entire shock from the car to adjust it. That being said, i can ajust both of my rear konis in 10 minutes flat.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    This makes it so you actually have to remove the entire shock from the car to adjust it.
                    Not really true, though probably preferable on a street car. I adjusted the old Konis on the Cortina with the threaded ends still attached without much trouble. Externally adjustable Spax now though!
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

This took me about an hour to figure out the first time! Good information for others.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                      Instagram:
                      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                      LS Build Thread:
                      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Working...
                      X