No announcement yet.

Help with IE front Sway Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry for the confusion, i thought that you were referring to the mounting point of the control arm. Check these out:

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
    If the problem is the arm is hitting the mount, then changing the swaybar wouldn't accomplish anything.

You might be able the find a smaller bushing and bracket that still fits a 25mm bar. If you have the patience I can look into it come Monday/Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought these directly from IE brand new thinking to install them on my E30 M3 but changed my mind. Called them to ask for help and was told that these are not designed to work with e36 m3 control arms.

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
      did you buy the sway used?
      maybe its bent if there is a difference left to right

Comment

I'm sorry to confuse you, look at the last set of pictures and you will be able to see the top inside part of the control arm hitting the sway.

Comment

so if its the angled portion of the bar (i.e. between the bushes) that hits the arm and if there is uneven gap left to right then you need a lateral lock set that stops the bar sliding laterally alittle. the bar has obviously moved laterally and no longer central and that is why the gap is uneven

years ago i had a similar issue with the front and conjured something up that stopped this.

it might be enough to help you but with non standard arms all bets are off
          Last edited by digger; 06-20-2014, 08:45 PM.
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

digger, great idea! I have been wondering why is it moving towards one side more than the other and made sure both sides have the same load but still same story. Wow thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X