No announcement yet.

H&R: Sport vs Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far a ride goes I cant give too much of an opinion because I have never been in sports, I have races. I enjoy them, sure crappy Maryland roads have some good bumps and holes I hit that are rough but the spirited driving feel is great. The good out ways the bad (if they really are bads) to me. Heres a pic for H&R race with 16's for comparison...

DSC_0788-1 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

North Texas has pretty ridiculous roads, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with races.

Koni adjustables or Bilstein Sports? Not sure how much the Konis are, I know I can buy Bilsteins for $425-$450.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        As far a ride goes I cant give too much of an opinion because I have never been in sports, I have races. I enjoy them, sure crappy Maryland roads have some good bumps and holes I hit that are rough but the spirited driving feel is great. The good out ways the bad (if they really are bads) to me. Heres a pic for H&R race with 16's for comparison...

DSC_0788-1 by nreichart12, on Flickr

What siZe tires are you running? Looks like 205/55 ish.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
          Coming from the man who went back to race because his coilovers were to stiff lol.
          I did not. I was on my period that day.

Comment

KONIS AND HR RACE. done and done.

Comment

I've been very happy with the H & R Cup kit on my 1990 325is. Brought the ride down a couple of inches, firm controlled ride (but livable for street) and Very capable on the track. Adjustable IE swaybars help keep her nice and flat.

Just remember, full hard bushings everywhere can make for a pretty cranky street ride, kinda harsh. They work great on the track but, there is a trade off in street comfort and noise. I run poly offset M3 CABs that give considerable extra castor. They're great for the track but, throw everything forward causing clearance issues with my street wheels/tires. Had to relocate the front inner fender liners forward. A pain.

Depending on your intended use, Koni adjustable shocks can be really nice. You don't have to daily on stiff shocks all the time, just dial them in when needed. I've had both Koni and Bilstein, liked both ... for different reasons.

A couple of shots with my 16" street tires.

And, one on track tires.

Last edited by dmmai; 10-12-2014, 08:20 AM.
              1990 E30 325is
              Alpinweiss
              H&R Cup Kit Suspension + IE Adjustable Sway Bars + GC Camber Plates
              RD Strut Brace + Turner Cross-Drilled Rotors + Porterfield Pads
              2002 E39 540i M-Sport
              2013 F25 X3 28i 2.0T
              2015 F36 428xi G.C. M-Sport

Comment

H&R: Sport vs Race

I've already priced out a complete rebuild, not including the discount my dad gets due to his Bimmerworld sponsorship, and it comes out to $1753.

That's for Bilsports, H&R races, GC camber plates, all Powerflex bushings (all 80A except subframe which are 95A), GC shock mounts, and Condor Delrin FCABs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by HennaE30; 10-11-2014, 08:21 PM.
                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

I've got a question that I can't seem to find much help for by googling. I've got a 1983 323i, and I'm looking to buy H&R Sports for it, but Turner Motorsports say they don't fit the 323i when I set it to my car. Seems to fit everything but the 323i. Is it because the 323i wasn't sold in America, or do they actually not fit?

Thought I'd post it in this thread rather than making a whole new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignity View Post
                    I've got a question that I can't seem to find much help for by googling. I've got a 1983 323i, and I'm looking to buy H&R Sports for it, but Turner Motorsports say they don't fit the 323i when I set it to my car. Seems to fit everything but the 323i. Is it because the 323i wasn't sold in America, or do they actually not fit?

Thought I'd post it in this thread rather than making a whole new one.

E21 or E30? I think Turner is thinking it's an E21. And the ones you are shopping for are for the E30. I think that's why it says it doesn't fit. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

It doesn't specify the model, although I don't think so since it says no for 83, 84, and 85 for the 323i. Maybe it's just going off the list:

This item fits the following BMWs:
                      1984-1985 E30 BMW 318i
                      1984-1991 E30 BMW 325e 325es 325i 325is M3

I was told that the 323i is near identical to the 325i, bar the differences in the motor and ignition, so there's a good chance they'd fit. Inclined to think they just don't put it on there because it's not an NA car.

Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

I run hr race and custom valved koni sa ( by gc)..the car is usually just on track..but it is driven to tracks.

HR race are very firm for a street car or for a dd.......not fun on rough roads...but not unbearable. They own smooth roads

Koni will ride smoother than billie sports..hands down..and they cost more.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Any chance you get the suspension done yet? I am considering the exact same thing. Even the 17 alpinas and just wanted to see some pictures of how it looks on the car

Comment

I have H&R race, and I like them. The only time I really find them irritating is on rough roads with lots of potholes, and sometimes roads that are kind of wavy.

I'll probably get Konis instead of Bilstein sports next time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                              Any chance you get the suspension done yet? I am considering the exact same thing. Even the 17 alpinas and just wanted to see some pictures of how it looks on the car

No I haven't gotten a chance. I'm hoping to score a set of GEs, but if not I'm gonna go with H&R Races, most likely as a Christmas present to myself.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              I have H&R race, and I like them. The only time I really find them irritating is on rough roads with lots of potholes, and sometimes roads that are kind of wavy.

I'll probably get Konis instead of Bilstein sports next time though.

There are a lot of potholes in town, but I don't mind a stiff ride. I'm hoping to go with Konis but am still unsure.

Comment

Where did you all go to get your Konis? ive seen a couple places that have it but im not sure what the best deal out there is.

Comment

Working...
                                X