Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refreshed suspension, front sits too high now, options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same issue with this except the front of my e30 convertible is about a 2 inches higher than the rear. I was considering buying the e90 top hats but if that wont do much then I wont bother. What are spring pads?

Comment

Originally posted by soltani View Post
      I'm having the same issue with this except the front of my e30 convertible is about a 2 inches higher than the rear. I was considering buying the e90 top hats but if that wont do much then I wont bother. What are spring pads?
      Two inches is quite a bit. Are you talking actual ground clearance from rocker panels to the ground?
      The rear fender arches are lower then the front, so that may account for the visual difference.

Spring pads are rubber isolators that sit between the spring and mounting seat. Helps to reduce NVH by eliminating metal-on-metal contact.

I was able to dial in my front ride height with E90 top hats, thinner spring pads, and cutting 1/4 of a (dead) coil off the H&R sport springs. I also trimmed the bilstein internal bump stops at the same time.

Comment

Working...
      X