Ride height measuring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride height measuring

Guys, what is the best way to measure the ride height on the stock 1990 325is?
    Also, Does anybody know what a stock ride height measurement would be?

Middle of the wheel to the fender arch is pretty universal.

Comment

You can also do ground to the bottom of the rounded part of the rocker, not the pinch seam.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Center of wheel to the body line is what I've always done. This way you can check for any rake as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroth View Post
          Middle of the wheel to the fender arch is pretty universal.
          Early and late models have different arches, the answers below are more universal for the e30 platform. The early models and cabrios have different arch and pinch weld heights. The body line across the bottom of the door is the same for all. ~11" or so to the top of that line is what I just measured on 2 e30's here at the shop. One is on stock weaves with 195/60 14 (11"), the other is closer to~11.5" stock suspension on 205/40 17.

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
          Center of wheel to the body line is what I've always done. This way you can check for any rake as well.

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          You can also do ground to the bottom of the rounded part of the rocker, not the pinch seam.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
          X