Are camber plates nessasary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are camber plates nessasary?

Like the title says. I was thinking of getting IE street camber plates to help out because of course my car is lowered:D How do they install? I see every thing but don't understand the plate with the slots in it. How does that install?

Thanks. Pic for more clarifacation.

Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Hmmm, so it looks like the plate with the slots mounts over the strut tube in the engine bay (sorry, forgot actual term ) Am I right? Looks to be simple to install.

Thanks.
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

Basically, you remove the strut, attact the plate to the bottom of the strut tower, then remount the strut. It will raise the front of your car the same as the thickness of the camber plate.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oh, so it goes under the strut tower?

Comment

ya mon, under

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
            Like the title says. I was thinking of getting IE street camber plates to help out because of course my car is lowered:D How do they install? I see every thing but don't understand the plate with the slots in it. How does that install?

Thanks. Pic for more clarifacation.

I was under assump these ADDED neg camber?.........that wont help u if tru.
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

i have wicked negative camber on my rear wheels. Is it the same process for the rear? obviously with a slightly different kit. As easy as bolt on?
              Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
              Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                ya mon, under

Luke
                been to Jamaica lately?..... :-D :-D

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

get the MotorForce ones, with my H&R Race springs I can dial out the negative camber to about 1.5 degrees if necessary, and go all the way in to somewhere around 7 or 8 degrees or something rediculous like that. That and the MF plates have a very short stack height.
                  My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                  There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
                    i have wicked negative camber on my rear wheels. Is it the same process for the rear? obviously with a slightly different kit. As easy as bolt on?
                    Absolutely not, you can't adjust camber in the back by moving the shock. Your hub is connected to the subframe on two fixed places so it will not be possible on the top of the shocktower. You can adjust by using shorter subframe bushings, using an adjustible subframe, using excentric bushes or something similar.

Take a look under your car and you'll see what I mean I think.
                    E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                    E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                      get the MotorForce ones, with my H&R Race springs I can dial out the negative camber to about 1.5 degrees if necessary, and go all the way in to somewhere around 7 or 8 degrees or something rediculous like that. That and the MF plates have a very short stack height.

sent u a pm!!!

Comment

I have the IE street adjustable camber plates on my car. They mount on top of you existing strut bushing. You have to press out the existing bolts from the bushing and mount the camper plate on top of it.

I wanted negative camber and got about -2 degrees with the IE stage 3 springs. Not sure how much positive camber you can get out of them though.

Good luck

Comment

I thought that one of the camber plates actually was supposed to lower your car like .5 in???

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

The camber plates made to work directly with the 2.5" dia race springs should as they dont have all the rubbber to dampen road vibration like the stock mounts. The stock upper strut mounts are pretty large...
                            -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                              I thought that one of the camber plates actually was supposed to lower your car like .5 in???
                              MOST add on fixed plts raise the car the ht of the plt.
                              More expensive adj plates for c/o suspensions can lower car. Its about "stack ht"........ MF has adj plates for oe type springs...ie HR...that seem to have good low stack ht.

Comment

Working...
                              X