Oem rubber bushings, worth it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oem rubber bushings, worth it???

I’m doing a suspension refresh on the car, question is... is it worth it to spend 2700 on oem rubber, axles, and knuckles? I want the car to handle great(weekend cruiser) be stiff but still comfortable with tight steering! I will make some custom upper sway bars as I have done on my previous one.

But the main question is it’s 2700... is it worth it. Or will a $600 kit from ecs get me the same or similar results, With axles and knuckles from the local pets store.
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

I'd say no, unless you're going for a concours, numbers matching all OE build.

You can get 80a poly bushings that are just a little firmer than stock from lots of places that specialize in E30s. I'd personally avoid a kit from ECS.. I don't know how you could spend $600 on bushings, the E30 doesn't have that many of them.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

$2700, It's a no from me.

Comment

Rebuild your axles, buy oe rubber, you can find good knuckles on the forum or buy one from sikky. That should put you in the $600 range and you will have a brand new feeling car.

Also buy new shocks/springs, and TIRES, new tires makes a huge difference.

After all of that she should feel brand new again.

Edit: If you don’t want to rebuild your axles I can sell you some FEQ axles that I never used and are still in the box.

Comment

The $2700 includes hubs (all four), axles, sway bar bushings and links, control arms , lollipop bushings, and the remainder of the rubber.

What I’m going after is I want it to be nice and stiff. I love when I put my other car in sport plus and it becomes more stiff. I want a very solid suspension set up. But not a race car. Just so it can handle great on windy roads. It’s a vert.. so trying to get rid of the flex that they are well known for.

I will be doing a z3 rack(rebuilt... not reman) Billie sports, and h and r race springs with 10mm pads in the rear. Possibly e90 drop hats.
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

(GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
            Rebuild your axles, buy oe rubber, you can find good knuckles on the forum or buy one from sikky. That should put you in the $600 range and you will have a brand new feeling car.

Also buy new shocks/springs, and TIRES, new tires makes a huge difference.

After all of that she should feel brand new again.

Edit: If you don’t want to rebuild your axles I can sell you some FEQ axles that I never used and are still in the box.

I’ll shoot you a pm about the axles if I’m interesedn I’m trying get a parts list together first. As well as decide what I wanna do for engine.
            sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
            1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
            1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
            2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Working...
            X