Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible Cab Suspension

Hi Guys,

Yes I have spent the last two hours searching for cab suspension and not much out there. I'm looking at Billis HD and as far as springs not much for Cabs... Bavarian seems to be the only one that makes a complete kit for me. For $526 complete. http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

So what else do I need???

Any comments or information from fellow cab owners please help.
    sigpic
    WTB-Strut Bar

i'm actually in the same boat as you. but from what i've seen and found the convertibles can take the regular 325 set-up.

so it really depends on what you're looking for i guess.

they say the rear of the verts are a little heavier when the tops down or maybe because of the mechanical parts in the auto-roofs, so if you run sport springs which are softer a few extra spring pads will help lift the rear a bit and reduce sagging.

i think i'm going with h&r race with blisten sports. (i'll take any comments or suggestions if anyones got any). seems to be what i'm looking for and is fairly priced. i've read nothing but good things from people running this set-up.

let me know what you went with,

gl, willy

Comment

I just won some m3 springs on ebay today, when they get here i'll let you know how I like em, but they're gonna be on sachs/boge stock shocks/struts (although fairly new and firm), cuz this is my comfortable car.

Comment

Ive just installed the 55/35 St kit from Tunershop. The front looks great but the rear looks like it havent even drop. its kinda make me mad, but i think springs have settle so i hope to god that they do, or i switch out the rear springs for another set. I would get the 60/40 for the sedan and coupe or the cabby, you will be happy with that setup. Cant get pic cause its currently at the paint and body..my little project is underway
        _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

I used M3 springs, worked perfect for me.

$212 for cabrio drops your car 1.75".
          Last edited by SchnellerVert; 07-12-2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
            I used M3 springs, worked perfect for me.

$212 for cabrio drops your car 1.75".

hey schnellervert,

how do you find these springs? what are they compareable too? h&r sports? and stiffness pls.

if you get a chance post or e-mail some pics pls and thxs.

willy

Comment

Billy sports + H&R coupe fronts + H&R Cabrio rears
              Aaron

Comment

There is a couple in here also.

But Aaron's setup is probably the best I have seen on a DD cabby, and I will be doing it eventually. 92 mtech's vert is proably the lowest but if you have bad roads I don't how many people would advise going THAT low.

Comment

just got this kit BILSTEIN BTS SPORT SHOCKS and High Performance BILSTEIN LOWERING SPRINGS , with a 1.25 inch drop.
                  ill have them on in the next day or 2 and will take pics :up:
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

This is M-tech-3 on e30tech on Bilstein sports and M3 springs.

I don't have the Racing Dynamics springs I bought Cabrio springs from Bav for more money, wish I had thou. It would have saved me about 70 bucks. M3 springs are a good ride height IMO.

Comment

I thought the cabrios required special springs and others would not work? Why are the cabrio springs different from coupe/M3 springs when you look at different manufacturers?

BTW: Eibach Prokit on my 325ic below. For some reason they don't make them for the 318ic? I need a set for that car, so I'm subscribing to this thread...
                      89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                      E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

I really like how SchnellerVert car looks but Aaron, your car is hot, love that stance man!!! So if H&R make a set for the cab why not get the complete set as they are supposed to be matched four ways???

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
                        Billy sports + H&R coupe fronts + H&R Cabrio rears
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

You see, they are not equal to coupes, far from it !!! I started a thread about a sub section, not to split the group but to have a folder where cab questions could be thrown in and nothing happened!!

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                          I thought the cabrios required special springs and others would not work? Why are the cabrio springs different from coupe/M3 springs when you look at different manufacturers?

BTW: Eibach Prokit on my 325ic below. For some reason they don't make them for the 318ic? I need a set for that car, so I'm subscribing to this thread...
                          sigpic
                          WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                            I really like how SchnellerVert car looks but Aaron, your car is hot, love that stance man!!! So if H&R make a set for the cab why not get the complete set as they are supposed to be matched four ways???
                            Thanks! The only reason I have coupe front springs is that I got a great deal on a very lightly used set of coupe H&R springs. I installed these and drove'em for 2-3 months. The rear springs sat maybe 1/4" lower than my current stance even with 15mm of spacers!! It rode too rough for me, and three of the spring coils were actually resting on each other, which means they weren't doing any good as springs. I bought a set of 'vert specific springs and replaced the rears. I didn't change out the front because the stance and ride from the front end was fine, and it was way too much of a PIA to redo the fronts.

BTW - even with the correct 'vert springs, on medium to rough roads this set-up is still a rough ride with the Billy Sports, Ireland Engineering front and rear sways, and IE strut bar. ...but it looks good and handles great!
                            Aaron

Comment

Someone in the know needs to make a FAQ re: strut/shock/spring setups available for convertibles.
                              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Working...
                              X