UUC Rear Swaybar Hits Trunk Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC Rear Swaybar Hits Trunk Floor

Installed a 19mm UUC Swaybar in the rear with their supplied reinforced brackets. Now when sway bar is pushed all the way up it hits the top of the trunk floor. Also how do I setup the adjustable end links.

you need to adjust the end links such that the sway bar does not interfere with anything over the full range of suspension travel. then tighten all the endlink bolts with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground.
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

so the sway bar hitting the truck floor when pushed all the way up is ok, I just adjust the end links to accommodate.

Comment

Set the bar up so the ends are parallel to the ground with the car at ride height. On a level surface make sure both sway links are adjusted so that there is zero preload per side.

its tricky if you dont have a 4 post rack, and most links need unbolted to be adjusted.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by nhowards View Post
          Installed a 19mm UUC Swaybar in the rear with their supplied reinforced brackets. Now when sway bar is pushed all the way up it hits the top of the trunk floor. Also how do I setup the adjustable end links.
          This should only happen if 1) the end links are improperly adjusted which makes the bar not parallel to the floor, or 2) you have springs that are too low and too soft (JOM, Raceland, Vogtland, etc.)
          Oh, and I'm installing my set in a few months. Any tips??
          :) :)
          "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Working...
          X