X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel question

16x7.5 Borbet et20

1989 325is

what size tire could i run on a mildly lowered car?

would spacers be needed w/this rim?

thanks

if these are from tirerack they will come with the hubcentric spacers. at least thats what they told me when i asked about the type Es.
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

Comment

if the rim is already ET20, then no you don't need spacers. Borbet wheels on the tirerack are all ET35 though.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

215/45 should fit that rim perfectly
        BEERTECH

Comment

awsome thanks rob...you think id have trouble running 225's in the rear?

Comment

with early arches, shouldnt be a problem, but staggered setup is nowhere near ideal for handling unless you're making a ton of power
            BEERTECH

Comment

:twisted:

le boosta

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                That's undersized, you either want 225/45-16 or 205/50-16.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

undersized by 1.5%, which is negligible. plus azenis come in that size.

Tire selection for 16" blows
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                    Originally posted by Rob
                    That's undersized, you either want 225/45-16 or 205/50-16.
                    Ted runs that size, and likes it.

And just to say it, Rob said the tire would fit the rim perfectly, and said nothing about tire diameter. :P So there Teej.

btw, I ran 205/50-16 on ET20 16x7.5 Borbets, and they only rubbed very occasionally.

Comment

215 Azenis + 7.5" rim + ET20 + late model would very likely rub, but fender rolling will fix that good. Besides that, it's like the only tire available in that size anyways.

I'd say get 205/50/16 for now (shitload of good tires in that) and see if you have the extra room afterwards. The 7.5" wide rims will provide an effectively bigger contact patch anyways, should be plenty.

Comment

if these are street wheels (probably as borbets are heavier than shit), there's a much better selection of tires in 205/50 and they shouldn't look at all stretched on a 7.5" rim. azenis aren't something I'd want to run on the street, at least not around here (rain, rain, and more rain!)

I had 205s on my old 16x7.5 wheels, they fit fine. but I'm thinking of going with kosies in 16x7.5 with 215/45 azenis; on the track who cares if they're undersized ;)
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                          if these are street wheels (probably as borbets are heavier than shit), there's a much better selection of tires in 205/50 and they shouldn't look at all stretched on a 7.5" rim. azenis aren't something I'd want to run on the street, at least not around here (rain, rain, and more rain!)

I had 205s on my old 16x7.5 wheels, they fit fine. but I'm thinking of going with kosies in 16x7.5 with 215/45 azenis; on the track who cares if they're undersized ;)
                          Not all borbets are THAT heavy, punk.

You'd care if they are undersized.....they'd be more fun. ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X