No announcement yet.

What you guys think of this rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy i got the car from said it was a packson s/c but its probably a Paxton. It doesnt say anywere on the s/c its brand.

Comment

Back On Topic:

I think the rims look pretty good, but they'd look SO much better with the polished lip. (Like stated before)

Back Off Topic:

That intake would probably hurt performance. Sure, the air might be colder (if any), but the pressure drop inside that wheelwell would negate any gains.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_george
        Back On Topic:

I think the rims look pretty good, but they'd look SO much better with the polished lip. (Like stated before)
        Trudat

Originally posted by ryan_george
        Back Off Topic:

That intake would probably hurt performance. Sure, the air might be colder (if any), but the pressure drop inside that wheelwell would negate any gains.
        Very true. I think it is a common mistake that this setup is good. I would never want to risk pulling water into the engine, even with a protection device (sort of like a condom, just don't tair it).

And the wheel well does have a lower air pressure than say right in the center of the front air dam. But as someone showed all of us a while back, you have to go well over 200mph to get close to 1 psi induction.

The most obveious down fall to that pipe is its length, other than the ill effects on torque, with itakes and exhausts shorter is better, finally I can say that and not get made fun of :oops:

the wheels look great and the Area 51 theme is cool.

Comment

I did a test yesturday. I put the stock air box back in and felt a low of power, not a whole lot of power but felt weird. My intake setup probably gives like 1-3hp diff front stock box. And i did try the front ram air from the high beam and that worked well too.

Comment

holley shit u finnally picked that m3 up.
            nice men.

i think u guys should stay of his case. this 17yr old kid knows more about cars than most of us. maybe he cant read/write but is damn good with his hands. jks

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

$10 says it was the extra noise that made the car faster...

Originally posted by denisbmwm5
              And i did try the front ram air from the high beam and that worked well too.
              you were going at least 120mph right?
              BEERTECH

Comment

It was the fucking rurring bass in the intake as u switch gears that i love. No rob i was goin about 140.
                Zimmie im 18 now bro.

Comment

Working...
                X